They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Random words in different directions

Standard, Gold & Producer. Talk with our experts about this great slideshow creating software.

Random words in different directions

Postby Robino » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:52 pm

I know I saw software where you type in, let's say 5 random words and it puts these words horizontal, vertical, different colors randomly -- I swear it was on this forum or maybe ProShow -- does anyone know software that does this???

Thanks Robin
Robino
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Random words in different directions

Postby Bob » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:46 pm

Could it have been this: http://www.wordle.net

Here are a few samples:
wordle.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob

Postby Robino » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:07 pm

Thanks Bob, that is it, I think, thanks..... do you use it??? Is this a program to download? I am not seeing it if it is...
Robino
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:46 pm

Hi Robin, I checked around and can't find anything like that mentioned in a post here.
Might have use the wrong keywords for the search though, hard to say.

It could be ProShow, it could also be HeroGlyph or Bluff Titler.
I seem to remember something about this but can't find the original post anywhere.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcn8KQQGJCU[/youtube]
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:59 pm

Is this a program to download? I am not seeing it if it is...

No, you don't download it. It's a Java applet that runs in your browser on the "wordle create" web page (http://www.wordle.net/create). You can enter the words you want it to use or let it pull them from a web page that has an RSS feed. The words in the sample came from this forum's RSS feed, for example.

After you load the words, the application will draw the page. You can keep hitting the randomize button until you see something you like or you can play with the menu options (language, font, layout, and color). I used the "print Screen" button on my keyboard to make a screen capture and cropped the screen capture in Photoshop. The image is slightly larger than standard definition. If you have an application that installed a print to pdf function that looks like a printer to windows (Acrobat distiller, for example), you can use the Print function and direct the output to that if you wish.

I've used it a few times, but it's not something that I would use on a regular basis.

Here's a full size sample using a custom color palette and this page's address was given as the RSS feed source:
wordle2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob

Postby Robino » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:18 pm

Thanks for your help -- this is what I saw before. I will give it a try.
Robino
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to ProShow Series Software