They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Adding individual slides from PSG to existing PRE 7 video.

Standard, Gold & Producer. Talk with our experts about this great slideshow creating software.

Adding individual slides from PSG to existing PRE 7 video.

Postby Henry111 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:21 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to be able to move individual slides from PSG slideshow into PRE 7 so that I can add them to an existing PRE 7 video.
I used RJ Johnston's method (see below) for moving a slideshow from PSG to PRE 7.
But the slideshow all comes up as one single clip (movie). I see no way here of moving individual slides from the slideshow into the existing PRE 7 video.
Help sure would be appreciated.

by RJ Johnston » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:41 pm

I'm not a user of Proshow, but I decided to download Proshow Gold 4.0 and look at the export/output options to see if DV-AVI is available.

No and Yes. No, it's not DV in an AVI container, but there is DV in a MOV container. Just pick Quicktime for the Format, pick Apple DV/DVCPro (pal/ntsc) for Compression, set the resolution and framerate to the respective NTSC or PAL standard, 720x480 29.97 or 720x576 25. When you add the file to Premiere Elements 7, you will need to interpret the footage if it's widescreen. Even though I selected 16:9 (Widescreen) for the aspect ratio in Proshow, PRE7 lists it as 4:3.

When you drag the clip to the timeline in PRE7, there will be NO red line, meaning the clip doesn't need to be rendered, it's ready to go just like a DV-AVI from a MiniDV camcorder.

Along the way I kept getting this error message that some .dll was missing. I didn't crash and was able to export successfully.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member

Private message
Henry111

Re: Adding individual slides from PSG to existing PRE 7 video.

Postby VernonRobinson » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:55 am

Henry,
That is correct. The exported ProShow will come across as a single movie. What I tend to do is expand the timeline to maximum. You will then be able to see each frame in PrEl. Then you use the Scissor tool to create a break in the move. You would then be able to insert any PrEl specific movies/stills where you created the break. Remember you will have to be careful about the transitions you put in ProShow. There will be several frames where your two images will be blended together. Also remember inside PrEl, you can extend the first or last frame of a movie/still by stretching it. This will help you if the duration becomes too short.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Henry111 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:27 pm

Vernon, before I get into this question, I want to say to you, and all the other folks on this site who have been so helpful to me, that I am beginning to get the guilties, and hoping that I am not wearing out my welcome. I have asked for so much without having made any contribution of my own. I sincerely look forward to the day when I may be of some use around here.
Meanwhile, to be a bit more specific about my question regarding PSG slides into PRE 7 video:
Recall my slideshow: Pirates of Belmont Shore, which you so graciously critiqued for me. On the same day I shot those stills I also shot a video of the same event. It is this video that I am now working on and wanting to move some of the slides from the slideshow into the video.
Here's where I am now:
I first moved the entire (no other choice) slideshow movie to the PRE 7 timeline at the front end--appearing before the video. I expanded the timeline and attempted to cut sections of the slideshow and move them to places in the video. Made me crazy! All that shifting back and fourth on the time line and I rarely got it right. So I REMOVED the slideshow from the timeline. I now just look at the slideshow in the Preview window, set beginning and end points and drag that section down to the timeline and into the video wherever I want it to appear. This seems to be working ok, but I wanted to check with you as to the possibility of an alternative that might be better.
Also, I have never been successful in copying a clip on the timeline and than pasting it to a different place on the timeline. Maybe it's not possible????
Henry111

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:55 am

Henry,
Don't worry about the guilties. That is why this forum exists, to help people achieve their video goals. Concerning how to cut/copy/paste, either method works ok. I tend to use the extended timeline approach, but then I generally have seveal small video clips that I want to intermingle. So use the method that you are most comfortable with.

Concerning the cutting and pasting, I think what you may be running up agains is the idea of when you cut, do you wan the gap to close or not. This is handled by pressing the control key when you do the actuall delete. Try a CTRL-Delete and you will see that the gap does not close up. When doing an insert try pressing the ctrl-drop and a shift-drop to see the difference. Once you get the hang of it, it is very easy. Chuck has a video that shows how to add clips to the timeline and achieve these effects if you are a visual learner. I am not sure, but if you do nt find them, they may be in the Paid Members section.

If you can't find it, get back to us and be sure to bring your additional questions.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Henry111 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:12 am

Thanks, Vernon. I got it.
Henry111

Postby Bob » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:57 am

I have to ask an obvious question. If you are wanting to move individual slides froom PSG to PRE7, why can't you just add the original slide to PRE7. You do have the individual slide that you used to make the PSG show, don't you? Sequences I can see the desire to move intact with transitions and effects. It's the individual slide part of the question that makes me wonder...
Bob

Postby Henry111 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:35 pm

Yes,Bob, I am moving the slide along with the transitions and effects.
Henry111

Postby Bill Hunt » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:56 pm

Bob,

That was going to be my question too, but I saw the answer.

In that case, editing out the sections would be my first choice. An Export using the WAB (Work Area Bar) would be my method, to get X number of individual AVI's with the Transitions, etc.

Either that, or go with Bob's suggestion and just add the appropriate Transitions, so long as they are available to me in PrE. As the timing of the Transitions from PSG cannot be easily altered in PrE, I'd probably go with this method. Still, it would depend on the availability of those chosen Transitions.

Good luck,

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to ProShow Series Software