They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Want slideshow on my website minus Presenter

Standard, Gold & Producer. Talk with our experts about this great slideshow creating software.

Want slideshow on my website minus Presenter

Postby Henry111 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:32 am

I have a slideshow on my website, but the viewer must download the Presenter Plug-in to view it.
People these days hesitate to download anything on the web. And who can blame them? Furthermore, I think it is kinda much to ask a viewer to go to the trouble of downloading a plug-in just so they can watch my slideshow where I am trying to sell them something.
Besides that, I hate being captive to the people from whom I purchased software, in this case, Photodex.
I understand, of course, that in any case, viewers are going to need some kind of plug-in. On my website I have videos (all created in Premiere 7) but offer the viewer two versions: Quick Time Player or Windows Media Player. Most people have one or both of these already on their computer. While most people (other than we ProShow owners) never heard of Photodex/Presenter. It's just more blockage between them and my slideshow.
So, can anyone tell me how to get a ProShow slideshow onto my website without the viewer haveing to download Presenter?
It has been suggested that out output it as flash, but the quality of flash is not good, so I don't want that.
Is the following an option?
Load the slideshow into Premier 7 and create from there--the same way I do my videos?
Henry111

Re: Want slideshow on my website minus Presenter

Postby Ron » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:04 am

Henry111 wrote:It has been suggested that out output it as flash, but the quality of flash is not good, so I don't want that.
Is the following an option?

Try increasing the Video bitrate in the Flash settings - you'll probably never achieve the quality of the ProShow original as it's far superior (IMO) than most formats, especially at full screen, but try the 1.5M setting. It will still be web friendly and will stream nicely.

You'll definitely lose some quality if you output/input into PE, then output again. I would only use that workflow if I had bonafide video included as well.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Henry111 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:39 pm

Thanks, Ron:
I tried Flash, but finally decided that going through YouTube was the best, at least for me at this limited stage of my learning. YouTube definitely provided better quality than Flash. However, with YouTube you do have to put up with their logo, but I can live with that.
Now, in fairness to ProShow's Presenter:
It definitely renders superior quality above anything else I tried, including YouTube, but I just don't want my website visitors to have to download Presenter.
I would say that anybody who does not mind their website viewers having to download Presenter, should definitely go with the ProShow Presenter.
Thanks again for your help.
Henry111

Postby Ron » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:58 am

Henry111 wrote:YouTube definitely provided better quality than Flash.

Youtube IS Flash :-8

Anyway, good luck with your site!
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to ProShow Series Software