They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

software for creative slide shows

Standard, Gold & Producer. Talk with our experts about this great slideshow creating software.

software for creative slide shows

Postby Barb O » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:56 pm

I am currently attempting to respond to someone over on the elementsvillage.com forums who wants to do creative slide shows. This person currently uses Picasa for organizing and simple edits on photos. He has been using Videowave (EMC9) for slideshows but wants something better. He has purchased Photoshop and Premiere Elements 7.

Now I have a suspicion that ProShow would actually be a better fit for this person. However, since I don't have ProShow - can some one assist by either posting comments here or respond over on the elements village forums? The thread is at
http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/s ... hp?t=45344

Note that he does have one specific dilemma that needs a solution
(I think that either PSE Editor adding canvas or PE scaling image to Safe Area would work - what about ProShow?)
"I always have several photos in which the crucial image extends to very near the edge of the photo and would be truncated when shown on TV (I burn my slideshows on DVDs). I use Photosuite to create a blank canvas, apply an appropriate color to the canvas, center the relevant photo on the canvas, then reduce the edges of the canvas to create a frame, a frame that does not intrude on the photo at all. On TV, the frame is truncated, but the photo is intact. Is there a way of accomplishing the same outcome (intact photo on TV) in PSE7
?"
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: software for creative slide shows

Postby codebreaker » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:36 am

Hi Barb....

I posted a reply back in the Elements forum. Basically I'd recommend Proshow and it will do what he wants if I understand him correctly.

Colin

My Web Site

Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints
codebreaker

Re: software for creative slide shows

Postby Barb O » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:50 pm

Thanks Colin.
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to ProShow Series Software