They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Problem with itunes

Talk about computer software/hardware problems, related to digital video or otherwise.

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:11 pm

Doreen L. wrote:I think I have any new files I created on the XPS transferred over to the Dell 8200. I'll let my husband deal with it when he gets home Friday.

Sounds like my house :)
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bobby » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:54 pm

"have two weeks to transfer everything over"

The easiest way to transfer the data is to get an external hard drive enclosure or adapter, that allows you to connect the old hard drive externally via USB. The local PC stores have 'em for around $30.

Once you connect it (if it still works) you will just have a different drive letter and can drag and drop your stuff to the new C drive.

I do it all the time for my clients.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Doreen L. » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:22 pm

Well, I was able to get everything back to my old computer before the Dell tech came. Unfortunately, he got the disks but I didn't get the recovery CD, so he could only switch the drives. Today the disk arrived and I (ta da) was able to get the computer up and running all by myself.

I downloaded itunes version 6 to see if that would work but no go. I can import from a CD-RW but the information displayed on itunes is from the last CD-R. It's totally bizarre. And i get the same error message when I try to burn a CD-RW. So, if itunes doesn't reply to my 'help' inquiry, I'll probably just eventually switch DVD burners with the Dell 8200 unless someone comes up with something else I can try.
Doreen L.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:30 pm

Switching DVD burners would be a good test, maybe the new one isn't compatible with iTunes :?:
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous

Return to Computer Issues