They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

USB Drive Movie PRE Download to DVD Audio Problem

Talk about computer software/hardware problems, related to digital video or otherwise.

USB Drive Movie PRE Download to DVD Audio Problem

Postby JimHuntsman » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:34 pm

I acquired a movie on a USB flash drive, the movie consisting of several separate files, which played OK on my smart TV except that there were long pauses while the TV found each succeeding file. That was a viewing nuisance, so I downloaded the files onto a DVD into a single file via PRE (2017 and 2019). The DVD played the video fine but only the background audio track and not the persons' dialog audio (silent movie!). When playing the single file on PRE on my computer, the same result. Are there two audio tracks (background & dialog) that need to be separated in a PRE download? If so, how do I do that? The USB files do not seem to have separate audio tracks, just a single audio track. THANKS!
JimHuntsman
New User
New User

Re: USB Drive Movie PRE Download to DVD Audio Problem

Postby sidd finch » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:09 pm

Could the track be in stereo dialog on the left background on right? or could it be 5.1 stereo?

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:30 pm

Also, what format is the video on the USB and what software did you use to play it?

When you copied it to the DVD, did you convert it to DVD files or just move the .mp4 or whatever it is to disc?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby JimHuntsman » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:56 am

I don't know the specific format on the USB. I simply plugged it into the TV's USB port, and the TV played the movie fine, so the TV could distinguish the two different audio tracks in the files. I converted the PREL timeline to a single file format for DVD playing prior to downloading to a DVD. However, when playing the timeline in PREL to test it, the same audio problem occurred: background audio only, no dialog. I thought perhaps that the files transferred to a DVD would be correctly interpreted by the DVD player. I'll check whether there is a stereo issue or multiple soundtracks. If I solve the problem, I'll post it. Thanks for responding!!
JimHuntsman
New User
New User

Return to Computer Issues