They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

I asked the wrong question.....

Talk about computer software/hardware problems, related to digital video or otherwise.

I asked the wrong question.....

Postby GerryB » Fri May 11, 2012 2:57 pm

Not only did I ask the wrong question but I was standing in the wrong place and looking in the wrong direction.......

Well that is what I was told when I put my question to a friend of a friend on playing .avi files on iPads, [see earlier post]. It seems that iTunes acts as a 'conduit' through which you pass your files and they become 'movies' and can then be synced with your iPad and played.

I then found that it is best to export files from Prem Pro in .mp4 format using the iPod/iPhone presets under H264.Start up iTunes and import the .mp4 file to the Library and then drag from the Library to the iPad and it goes through a 'conversion' and appears in the Video Library on the iPad and plays.

I'm still testing but some of the files auto fill the screen on the vertical dimension of the movie (it is not a video anymore!!! apparently) but double tapping screen changes the auto fill to the horizontal dimension. I even emailed some test files and they play on iPhones. Progress?

I can live with this but why can't you import all variants of .avi files? Those exported from PP will not go into iTunes.

Enough for today, I hear you say!

Gerry
GerryB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: I asked the wrong question.....

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri May 11, 2012 3:14 pm

Well, to put it simply, Gerry, AVIs are a Microsoft/Windows video format. Macs much prefer MOVs and Quicktime files and MP4s, which Apple and Quicktime developed.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Computer Issues