They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Deskto Display Mode error

Talk about computer software/hardware problems, related to digital video or otherwise.

Deskto Display Mode error

Postby momoffduty » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:42 pm

Error message: 'Desktop Display Mode has been reset because the video card returned an error. Please reset the Desktop Display Mode in the Playback Settings dialog as this may impact your playback performance.'

I went to the more button in the monitor>playback settings>
Opened this and did not see how to 'reset the Desktop display Mode'.

Please help. Thanks.
momoffduty

Postby Paul LS » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:58 pm

There is Standard, Compatible and Accelerted GPU. Which one is yours set to??? This is what probably changed.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bobby » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:06 am

Give us some more detail plaese. Version of PE, type of display adapter, do you have latest drivers, what setting does it keep trying to go back to, etc.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:21 am

I am using PE3 and the GPU is set at compatible. I opened the project today and the error message icon is gone. Did it reset by closing the program? I have Windows XP with the service pack, do I need to get the patch from Adobe? Is that patch for only Windows Vista?

Lens flare question: After editing family xmas footage, I am making a special presentation at the end set to music using footage shot by my teenage niece and nephew. One of the clips shows my nephew antagonizing his older sister and the camera pans back to him giving an evil smile. I want it to look like he has a gold tooth that flashes. I tried using the lens flare and changing the properties, but am not happy with the effect. It is more of a rounded flash, whereas I want beams. Any suggestions?

There is another clip of him pretending to rap which is not long enough. So I copied and pasted it twice, put the three together, reversed the middle one, and it appears to look like one clip. Any ideas on this process?
momoffduty

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:29 am

For the Lens Flare, you can add the effect multiple times. You may need to add the effect 3 or 4 times and position it and set the properties to get each to be a ray. Then keyframe them all so they work together, a little work but it should be a great effect. Maybe someone else has other ideas, we are never short on those :)

There is a pretty good Lens Flare, similar to what you are looking for, in the 'Picking Apples' video from our 2005 contest
http://www.chuckengels.com/dec2005/vide ... al.php?s=5
The Flare is on a apple but still looks like something similar to what you are trying to do.

I think the way you stretched out the clip was very cleaver, might be interesting to see.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Computer Issues