They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Can SonicFire Pro Express Track be used on any music?

When music makes the video, discuss and recommend soundtracks for specific themes/subjects.

Can SonicFire Pro Express Track be used on any music?

Postby Peru » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:54 am

I was wondering if SonicFire Pro Express Track can only be used with SmartSound music, or can any audio clips be edited with it? :-k

Can it be used as a plugin for Pre El 3, or only as a stand alone? :?:
Peru

Re: Can SonicFire Pro Express Track be used on any music?

Postby Bill Hunt » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:31 pm

Both versions of SonicFire Pro, Express Tracks and Scoring Edition, plus the QuickTracks for Pr, can only be used with SmartSound music.

Now, there are two additional things to think about:

1.) Some of the newer Strata Series "libraries" can only be used with SonicFire Pro, and not QT's for Pr, because they do not contain the additional 44KHz music. Older Strata Series libraries do contain both the 48KHz and the 44KHz. I have suggested that SmartSound mark the newer, SonicFire Pro-only disc, but have not seen that on the Web site.

2.) SonicFire Pro (both versions) can work fine with Strata Serires libraries, though only Scoring Edition can utilize the full power and control. The Express Tracks version lacks some of that, though rudimentary Mood Mapping is available. I have not used this, as I have the Scoring version, but there was a thread here where a rep from SmartSound commented on all of the particulars and limitations. This was news to me. Now, SonicFire Pro (both versions) can work fine with all SmartSound libraries, even the 22KHz material in the "Home Movie" area. What will be lacking, if using a non-Strata Series library, is the Mood Mapping, as it is ONLY available from Strata Series libraries.

Now, I do not know exactly how the SmartSound .SDS files differ from Loopology Clips, but I have never heard of anyone converting anything to .SDS, which is what all SmartSound programs require. I also cannot imagine that any conversion would work well.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS they have another sale going on for a few more days.
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Peru » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:35 pm

Thanks for that.
I was hoping to use my music with it.

Oh well, maybe when a few extra $$$ is found I'll invest in their music.
Peru

Postby Bill Hunt » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:46 pm

Peru,

I would not have a clue how to go about recording and processing to .SDS. What I would do, however, is e-mail (from the SmartSound Support tab on their site), and ask them. They are good people, and will get back to you. Not that long ago, they had a special segment, BackStage (multi-layered, like Strata, but more expensive). It was recently discontinued. One aspect of this was that users could essentially request material for publication. I do not know the details, but all that they can say is "sorry, there's no way to do this." OTOH, they may have a utiltiy to help you get it done. I just do not know that end of their business.

Please report, after your contact, and good luck,

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Peru » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:44 pm

Bill Hunt wrote:Peru,

I would not have a clue how to go about recording and processing to .SDS. What I would do, however, is e-mail (from the SmartSound Support tab on their site), and ask them. Please report, after your contact, and good luck,

Hunt

Did so, and they said that only their music will work. Thanks.
Peru

Postby Bill Hunt » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:16 pm

Thank you for reporting. That was my guess, but I did not know for sure.

Appreciated,

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Music ~~ & Video