They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Wide Angle Adaptors

MiniDV, DVD, Hard Drive, 8 mm, High Def, brands, import / capture techniques, settings ... talk about camcorders in here.

Re: Wide Angle daptors

Postby jackfalbey » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:45 am

Assuming for the moment that this isn't a SPAM post, Raynox makes a good quality and reasonably priced wide angle adaptor. I just got their HD6600 to use with my HV20, and I can't see any degradation of the video...
ASRock Z77 Pro4, Xeon E3-1230 V2, Windows 7 64-bit, 32GB RAM, 3GB GTX 660 ti, 240GB SSD for OS/programs, 3x640GB in RAID0 for projects
Panasonic GH2; Adobe Creative Cloud
http://www.CMDStar.com
http://www.FamilyTreePhotography.co
jackfalbey
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re:

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:36 am

John 'twosheds' McDonald wrote:
I managed to get a VCL-0637H off eBay. I'll provide a further update when it arrives and I have been able to try it out.

Well, better late than never for this feedback. The VCL-0637 works a treat. It doesn't add any noticeable extra weight to the camera but it does protrude out by about 1" and it is not possible to use the standard HVR-A1 lens hood with it.

In practical useage terms it really does provide that ability to bring more of the area of interest into view. For example, I used it to record events at a 40th birthday party that I was commissioned to video and the lens enabled me to get some really good coverage in places that would have been to tight otherwise. Because the zoom functions normally those longer focal length, more candid shots are still possible. All in all a good addition to my equipment and for only US$50 (including delivery to my door) from e-bay including two filters and a protective soft lens case. :-D .
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Previous

Return to Camcorders