They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Good Deal on "Hard to Find" Memory for HV30 Stills

MiniDV, DVD, Hard Drive, 8 mm, High Def, brands, import / capture techniques, settings ... talk about camcorders in here.

Good Deal on "Hard to Find" Memory for HV30 Stills

Postby George Tyndall » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:35 pm

I read a criticism of the HV30 which stated that memory for the Still function, which is miniSD, is becoming increasingly diffcult to find, so I checked the B&H web site, and here is what I found: For $12.50, B&H stocks a 2GB microSD card made by Kingston that, with the included adapters, works as any of the following:

--microSD (which is what many cellular phones use)
--miniSD (which is what the HV30 uses)
--SD
--USB

AND the microSd memory comes with a Limited Lifetime Guarantee.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/558941-REG/Kingston_MBLY_2GB_2GB_microSD_Card_Mobility.html

Here is what reviewer wrote:
"The cost was less than half of what the brick and mortar stores are selling 2GB cards for.

Another reviewer was even more enthusiastic:
Of all my gadgets, this one is my Favorite. I use for my mostly music and photos. It just doesn't get any better than this. Plugs in any USB port and adapters for any camera and any card reader you're able to share and copy any file conveniently anytime. I Love It!!

When I inserted the microSD card with miniSD adapter into my HV30, with the latter set to make Hi-Def 1920x1080 stills, the camera informed me that there was enough memory for 1400 images.

:TU:
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Good Deal on "Hard to Find" Memory for HV30 Stills

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:58 pm

I got a 4GB MicroSD card with a miniSD adapter (because the HV40 takes a miniSD card not a MicroSD card) at Dell for $15.
It also has a standard SD adapter and a card reader that fits on a keyring. You can buy the MicroSD cards with adapters for Mini and standard SD lots of places. The cell phone shops are quite expensive if you want to purchase a miniSD card, $25 or more for a 1Gb card. Buy the MicroSD card with the adapter, get a larger card, and get more for your money :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Camcorders