They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Battery questions

MiniDV, DVD, Hard Drive, 8 mm, High Def, brands, import / capture techniques, settings ... talk about camcorders in here.

Re: Battery questions

Postby Ronnie » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:39 pm

I never had a spare battery that did not come with a cover or case. Did the OEM battery have a cover? If so maybe it will fit your aftermarket battery. A plastic bag will work. I would go for a more durable freezer bag instead of a flimsy sandwich bag. You may be able to cover the terminals with a piece of electrical tape. That would need to be replaced periodically as the sticky wore off. Anything to keep things that conducts electricity from contacting any two terminals at the same time. Some batteries are built where their terminals are almost like a plug receptacle making the chances of this happening very slim. Maybe that is why you did not get a cover with the battery.

If a Li-ion battery is discharged below a given threshold, it will be damaged. The damage can be in the form of decreased capacity, shorted life, or even lose the ability to be recharged. This will not happen in your camcorder. You camcorder will shut before it gets to this point. A paper clip or similar object can ruin a battery regardless of its charged state.
Ronnie
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Battery questions

Postby Clayton » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:31 am

Ronnie wrote:I never had a spare battery that did not come with a cover or case.

I never had a battery that did come with a cover. I have two Sony camcoeders. The old one uses L series batteries and I have 3 of them. My new one uses H series batteries. I just purchased a new FP100 (not sure of the name), but I only buy Sony brand batteries, not EOM. Anyway I chared this little dude and it show to have 950 minutes of charge without the viewfinder. WOW thats 16 hours! Of course the battery is about 1/3 the size of the camera. :oops: My batteries for the old camera would consistently get 6-7 hours service.
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Previous

Return to Camcorders