They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Now Here Is A Camera !!

MiniDV, DVD, Hard Drive, 8 mm, High Def, brands, import / capture techniques, settings ... talk about camcorders in here.

Re: Now Here Is A Camera !!

Postby Ken Jarstad » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:55 pm

I really enjoyed the video of the birds. That is the picture quality I like.

I recently went to a movie theater to see 'The Proposal'. A rare occurrence for me since we find so few movies acceptable to us. This one was good and we recommend it.

However, always the "techie", I was not impressed with the quality of the picture. Do they ever check the focus of those projectors? And a lot of the overcast outdoor scenes were noisy, as though they had shot it on video rather than film. And viewing up close on a 40 foot screen made it obvious to me.

My four companions thought I was silly to obsess over the picture quality. They came for the "story".

Which leads me to my point. If you can afford the really good equipment then by all means go for it. But most people, especially these days, don't care much about picture quality. Just tell a compelling story and make sure you can see the characters reasonably well and you should do just fine. I'll bet a world famous producer with a great script could use a picture phone and people would still watch. :???:
-=Ken Jarstad=-
Linux Kubuntu 20.04, DIY ASRock MB, Ryzen 3 1200 CPU, 16 GB RAM, GT-710 GPU, 250 GB NVMe, edit primarily with Shotcut
Ken Jarstad
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Now Here Is A Camera part2

Postby sidd finch » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:52 pm

http://www.macvideo.tv/camera-technolog ... eId=117121

Check out this Canon DSLR that shoots 1080p video. The Canon EOS 5D MkII. The only other camera in the same class for video imagery is the Red Scarlet in film resolutions of 3-5k. The Mk II shoots 5k natively in addition to Standard Def, and can accept any EOS style lens ever made.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby jackfalbey » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:19 pm

The 5D MkII is a very interesting camera, but don't sell your camcorder just yet. It only shoots at a specific frame size and rate, 1920x1080 @ 30fps, and only for about 5 minutes at a time before the sensor begins to overheat. Fine for creative storytelling shooting from a script, but definitely not for event video. You'll probably want to have a separate method for recording the audio, too.
ASRock Z77 Pro4, Xeon E3-1230 V2, Windows 7 64-bit, 32GB RAM, 3GB GTX 660 ti, 240GB SSD for OS/programs, 3x640GB in RAID0 for projects
Panasonic GH2; Adobe Creative Cloud
http://www.CMDStar.com
http://www.FamilyTreePhotography.co
jackfalbey
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:27 pm

The price of that is a wee bit out of my league anyway. I am just amazed at how quick the market is moving to these giant resolution recording devices. I wonder where it all goes if the biggest outlet is youtube? :(

sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Previous

Return to Camcorders