They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Pixela ImageMixer Software

MiniDV, DVD, Hard Drive, 8 mm, High Def, brands, import / capture techniques, settings ... talk about camcorders in here.

Pixela ImageMixer Software

Postby Ronnie » Thu May 22, 2008 7:04 am

Has anyone used the Pixela ImageMixer Software that comes with the Canon HF100 camcorder to convert AVCHD video to SD video? It claims to have this ability. How well does PrEl like the SD files it makes? I am looking for a new camcorder that I will like for both SD and HD as I slowly transition my world from SD to HD. I am thinking this camera may be my first step. I have also looked at the HV-20. It sounds really great, but I currently have a D8 camcorder and would like to avoid creating a stock of miniDV tapes.
Ronnie
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Pixela ImageMixer Software

Postby Bobby » Thu May 22, 2008 7:13 am

Hi Ronnie.

I can't answer your question, but being in a similar situation (D8 owner), I just decided (and ordered) the HV30. I also agonized over the boxes of tapes issue, but in the end decided to do it.

I didn't want the higher AVCHD compression and being forced to archive my footage on hard drive. I find that there is lots of stuff I film but actually never gets into the DVDs, but I may not know which for months or longer. I tend to shoot first, then compiler later - usually on a per year basis.

I also wanted some compatibility with other family members. Raw video files are so big that even today's DVD capacities are not enough to use the DVD as a raw file exchange medium.

So I stuck with tape.

Bob
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Camcorders