They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Canon XA10 utility transfer

MiniDV, DVD, Hard Drive, 8 mm, High Def, brands, import / capture techniques, settings ... talk about camcorders in here.

Canon XA10 utility transfer

Postby WildRose » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:02 pm

Greetings!
This is my first post, so hello!
I am a very green gal with a Canon XA10 camcorder that I've had for a number of years. I have not been able to figure out the following:

Canon XA10 supplied me with the now out of service PIXELA utility transfer for my Windows 10. What I want to do is edit in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 13. The PIXELA program won't allow me to move/transfer my vid/pic content to M.S. 13 and this is concerning because I don't want to have all this gear and programming and find out none of it works together.

Is it possible to uninstall PIXELA and use a different transfer utility compatible with my XA10 that will let me edit in M.P. 13?

I would be so grateful if anyone is familiar with this and can help me move forward from this learning curve.
Thank you.
WildRose
New User
New User

Re: Canon XA10 utility transfer

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:11 pm

Despite having a number of professional features, this camcorder records to the AVCHD or MP4 format, so it should be fairly easy to edit.

The best way to get the video from the camcorder to your computer is to attach your camcorder via a USB connection and use Movie Studio's Add Media tool, as I show you about 1:50 into this tutorial.

HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Camcorders