They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Canon Mini Advanced Shoe to Mini Shoe Adapter??

MiniDV, DVD, Hard Drive, 8 mm, High Def, brands, import / capture techniques, settings ... talk about camcorders in here.

Canon Mini Advanced Shoe to Mini Shoe Adapter??

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:28 am

My Canon HF-G10 has one of the "Mini Advanced" hot shoes (Canon proprietary). I have an Audio Technical wireless mic and its receiver has an adapter for mounting to a shoe. See below. This is for convenience only - it doesn't need to be powered. The size of this adapter is very close to 3/4" square, and is too large for the canon Mini Advanced shoe. I think it's called a Mini Shoe, but I'm not sure about that. I've been looking for an adapter which would get me from the Mini Advanced to the Audio Technica (mini shoe?). I can find adapters which go from Mini Advanced to Universal Shoe, but I don't think this is what I'm looking for. The Universal Shoe appears to be considerably larger. So, my questions are: Is the Universal Shoe larger than the 3/4" Audio Technica, as I suspect, and if so, does anyone know of an adapter to get me from Canon Mini Advanced to the Audio Technica (mini shoe?)?

Audio-Technica-Mini.jpg

Canon-Mini-Advanced.jpg

Here's an example of the adapters which I've found, but I think this Universal size is too large for the Audio Technica.

Mini advanced to universal.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Re: Canon Mini Advanced Shoe to Mini Shoe Adapter??

Postby Bob » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:23 pm

A Universal shoe is 3/4". I would expect that the Audio Technica adapter is designed to fit a standard Universal shoe.
Bob

Re: Canon Mini Advanced Shoe to Mini Shoe Adapter??

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:49 pm

Bob wrote:A Universal shoe is 3/4". I would expect that the Audio Technica adapter is designed to fit a standard Universal shoe.

Excellent! It makes sense, but I'm relieved to know. Thank you Bob. :tx:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Return to Camcorders