They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Video and sound

Talk about anything audio here. From video narration to podcasting, MP3s to MP4s - whatever your flavor, this is the place.

Video and sound

Postby thhult » Sat May 07, 2011 4:40 pm

Hi all Muvipix members,

I have worked with video editing for many years with Premiere Element from the start and even since 2 years with Premiere Pro.
The sound is a very important part of a video production. Since over 10 years ago I installed SmartSound software and also retrospectively buy SmartSound music. Today I have about 600 titles. It complete booth Premiere Element and Premiere Pro with background sound in a very good way.
Now I have also started to teach me SoundBooth and seen that it can provide additional opportunities.

Have anyone experience of working with audio ?

Regards
Thomas
thhult
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Video and sound

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat May 07, 2011 5:27 pm

Hi Thomas,
I have worked with audio for the past 30 years, first in radio and then in various churches.
Have done live and recorded and editing of all sorts of audio and have used various tools to do that.
Right now I have been happy with Premiere Pro's audio tools along with Audacity and Soundbooth.
Adobe Audition is one of the really excellent audio tools but I haven't had a need for that yet.
Haven't spent a lot of time with Soundbooth, so much to learn and so little time.

The biggest thing about sound is to get it right while you are recording. Trying to fix sound after the fact is difficult and time consuming. If you have good equipment, microphones and recording gear, then it will make the whole thing a lot easier in the end.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Editing / Conversion / Formats