They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

re: Audio in AVCHD format issues

Talk about anything audio here. From video narration to podcasting, MP3s to MP4s - whatever your flavor, this is the place.

re: Audio in AVCHD format issues

Postby Neogeo » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:04 pm

Greetings folks-

I guess I'll start from the beginning. I took some footage from my Cannon HF200 and I want to take the audio from the footage and loop it for a clip.
It was suggested that I use Audacity which I downloaded and uploaded the footage into the program. The result is that the audio comes out has an extremely high pitched noise that sounds like a rabid bobcats caterwauling.

I downloaded Koyote Soft to convert the footage in the MP4 format but I still got the same result.

Any recommendations?
Neogeo
New User
New User

Re: re: Audio in AVCHD format issues

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:35 pm

Greetings Neogeo. Welcome to Muvipix.

I think maybe the audio format is unsupported by Audacity, AC3 Dolby being one of the formats not supported. What you can do is use SUPER to load your AVCHD files, select WAV for the output container format, and convert just the audio. Then use the WAV files in Audacity.

http://www.videohelp.com/download/SUPERsetup201038.exe
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Neogeo » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:01 am

RJ Johnston wrote:Greetings Neogeo. Welcome to Muvipix.

I think maybe the audio format is unsupported by Audacity, AC3 Dolby being one of the formats not supported. What you can do is use SUPER to load your AVCHD files, select WAV for the output container format, and convert just the audio. Then use the WAV files in Audacity.

R.J,

Thanks. Unfortunately that conversion software is not working. It keeps coming up as error
and it has to do with an unsupportable code.

Is there a way to create a continuous loop on Premiere Elements 8 with the audio from the AVCHD clip?

I tried stretching it but it did not work very well.
Neogeo
New User
New User

Postby Paul LS » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:21 am

You can drag multiple instances of the audio to the timeline and place them one after the other. This will sound like it is looping. What exactly are you trying to do?

Also within PE8 you can place the clip on the timeline, right click on the clip and select unlink audio and video and then delete the video. You can also only export the audio from PE8 if you wish.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Neogeo » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:41 am

Paul-

Thank you for the response.

I have a piece of footage where someone is singing. I just want the first 10 seconds of them singing and I want to loop it and extend it fro about 10 minutes.

Paul LS wrote:You can drag multiple instances of the audio to the timeline and place them one after the other. This will sound like it is looping. What exactly are you trying to do?

That was the first thing I did but the problem was that it did not sound seamless. You could tell what where it ended and where it began.

Paul LS wrote:Also within PE8 you can place the clip on the timeline, right click on the clip and select unlink audio and video and then delete the video.

I did that too also but did not get the effect I wanted.

Paul LS wrote: You can also only export the audio from PE8 if you wish.

How will this help?

I
Neogeo
New User
New User

Postby Dave McElderry » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:08 pm

Here's a trick that has worked for me on some audio problems like this...

In PrEl 8, after placing the initial section of audio on the first audio track, place the second one on a different audio track and position it so that it begins before the first one ends. In other words, the end of the first will be overlapped by the beginning of the second. It may seem strange, but if done correctly it's often not obvious to the ear what's going on, and it can make a very smooth transition. Play with the amount of overlap, and you can try some fade out on the first clip while fading in the second (although often it's not even necessary). Once you've got it the way you like it, just copy and paste for the rest of your repeats. If you want to you can then export just the audio to use as you would like.

I've used this technique to extend a music track to fit a slideshow. The splice was virtually seamless, and unless someone is intimately familiar with the music they would never know that it happened. A little different application, but the idea is the same.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Neogeo » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:14 pm

Dave McElderry wrote:Here's a trick that has worked for me on some audio problems like this...

In PrEl 8, after placing the initial section of audio on the first audio track, place the second one on a different audio track and position it so that it begins before the first one ends. In other words, the end of the first will be overlapped by the beginning of the second. It may seem strange, but if done correctly it's often not obvious to the ear what's going on, and it can make a very smooth transition. Play with the amount of overlap, and you can try some fade out on the first clip while fading in the second (although often it's not even necessary). Once you've got it the way you like it, just copy and paste for the rest of your repeats. If you want to you can then export just the audio to use as you would like.

I've used this technique to extend a music track to fit a slideshow. The splice was virtually seamless, and unless someone is intimately familiar with the music they would never know that it happened. A little different application, but the idea is the same.

Thank you so much. It works like a charm. It is takes a lot more effort but I can't argue with the results.
Neogeo
New User
New User

Postby Dave McElderry » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:46 pm

Glad we found a solution. Welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of experience here and a willingness to share it. Have fun. :wcm:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Return to Editing / Conversion / Formats