They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Comparing the Quality of Burn to Folder with Outputting...

Discussions on third party software for the final creation of DVD including Nero, Roxio, DVD Architect, Magix, Ulead, etc...

Comparing the Quality of Burn to Folder with Outputting...

Postby George Tyndall » Fri May 06, 2011 4:15 pm

...as MPEG NTSC DVD VBR, 2 Pass, Quality 5.

Using one and the same PRE7 HD timeline, I output the video as follows:

1. Disc>Burn to Folder 4.7GB
2. Personal Computer>MPEG NTSC DVD Widescreen>Advanced Tab>VBR, 2 Pass, Quality 5

Upon noting that the two processes took an equivalent amount of time to save, I decided to compare the quality of the two files upon playback directly from the HDD.

Result: The quality of both the video and the audio of the two files seemed comparable.

Conclusion: If one wishes to create from multiple scenes/clips a SD DVD of the highest-possible quality, and one may wish to create numerous additional copies of that DVD in the future with Premiere Elements, then the following may be an excellent method:

1. Edit each clip/scene as desired and then share the timeline as Personal Computer>MPEG NTSC DVD Standard or Widescreen>Advanced Tab>VBR, 2 Pass, Quality 5 to create .mpg files
2. To create the DVD, assemble the .mpg files on the timeline in the order desired, then add the Disc Menu and scene markers; finally, output the timeline as Disc>Burn to Folder
3. Using one's preferred disc-burning software (CyberLink, ImgBurn, etc.) burn the folder to the number of SD discs that one requires.

Comments from the expert SD DVD-producers, please!

:hid:
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to DVD Authoring