They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Encore Auto play & copies

Discussions on third party software for the final creation of DVD including Nero, Roxio, DVD Architect, Magix, Ulead, etc...

Encore Auto play & copies

Postby momoffduty » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:36 am

Exported a project from Pro to Encore and auto play (no menu). Burned just fine. Went burn another copy and a message popped up regarding problems that may occur. Said 'End Action not set' & 'Title Remote not set'.

Shouldn't they Not be set since it is auto play? And why the message?

Thanks
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Re: Encore Auto play & copies

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:56 am

I do like the warnings, they have saved me on a few occasions :)

I don't think it matters if the DVD is auto play or not, the warnings still come up.
You can probably turn them off, I think the setting is in Project Settings or Preferences.
Funny that it didn't come up when you burned the first copy though, but you shouldn't need to worry about the warnings anyway.
Are you still able to burn the copies?
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:58 pm

Yes, still able to burn copies. Actually sent the project to Encore 2x, thought I was doing something incorrectly.

On another note, when I saved the project as a DV-AVI one of the transitions is jerky. But, sending it direct from Pro to Encore the transition is smooth. (With Pro transcoding).

Thanks Chuck. :)
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Bill Hunt » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:30 am

These are not really "error messages," as such. Just as Chuck mentions, they are "warnings," for potential navigation errors.

While I do love a "clean slate" in my Check Project Panel, the "End Action Not Set" is one that I get all of the time, because I have used something else (maybe a Playlist) to set the appropriate End Action. This is especially true for my "The End" Timelines. I use these to signify the end of each Chapter (in my case, always on a separate Timeline). I leave the End Action off of the "The End" Timeline, as it will also appear in my "Play All" Playlist. If I incorporate an End Action into it, I then get the warning, that my End Action will be over-ridden by the "Play All" Playlist. No winning!!!! I learned to get over having one, or the other. Still grates on me, but that is my problem.

Now, the Title Remote is one that you might want to go back and fix, just for the end-users for your DVD. It is simply set in the Properties Panel for the Disc, IIRC. It tells the DVD what to do, when the user hits the Title on the Remote. No biggie, but a casual user might get confused, if the Title doesn't take them to the Main Menu.

I do wish that Encore had another level of Check Project. As it is, it only checks for navigational problems, or possible problems. Good, but too little. I'd like to see a real "pre-flight," like most layout programs, where all Assets, etc., are checked to make sure that the printer will not have problems. The DVD specs. are pretty clear, and the developers know which Assets are likely to give Encore problems. It will allow Import of all sorts of Assets, even when "the little gerbil in the wheel, deep inside the program, knows it won't work." I'd like to have Encore check all Assets too, though it would take some time - make it user selectable. Of course, Adobe could attack this from the other end - NOT letting Encore even Import these bad Assets. However, users would carp that Encore won't allow me to use XXX in my Project...

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:23 am

Thanks Bill for the explanation. This project does not have a menu, but good to know for future projects.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Return to DVD Authoring