They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Encore Scene Menu Buttons

Discussions on third party software for the final creation of DVD including Nero, Roxio, DVD Architect, Magix, Ulead, etc...

Encore Scene Menu Buttons

Postby Helen » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:04 am

I have a scene menu that was created in Encore. I have a total of six scene selections on two rows of three. When I am using the remote control and use the right arrow button to move from scene 1, to scene 2 etc, it jumps from scene number three to scene number six and then I have to use the left arrow to move to scenes four and five.

I have checked and all the scenes are numbered correctly in Encore, is there an option that I need to change? Everything looks Ok. It is not vital that I fix this, it is more for my own interest and future reference.

Looking back on my other projects it has been doing the same thing with them as well. It keeps going to the scene selection that is on the right of the highlighted one and not in the order that they are numbered in Encore. Sometimes I have the scene selections displayed in a circular area and not in a straight line and it is harder to get to some of the selections.

Any ideas anyone?
Thanks
Helen
Helen
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Encore Scene Menu Buttons

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:34 am

Helen,
Have you checked the 'Flow' in Encore?
Just because the buttons are numbered in order doesn't mean that the flow is that way.
This happens to me sometimes.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bill Hunt » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:41 am

Helen,

In Encore, you can get focus on your Menu (your scene selection Menu), then click the little icon at the bottom of that panel to "Show Button Routing." In the Properties Panel, with this icon active, you'll see a check mark to "Automatically Route Buttons." Uncheck that. Now you can manually drag your Button Routing to wherever you wish it to be.

Automatic Button Routing usually works fine, but if Buttons were re-ordered after their initial creation, Encore gets a bit confused. Re-naming the Buttons and Button Layer Sets is something that I do all of the time, to help me know where my Links need to be and to go. However, it is the creation order, that tells Encore how to automatically Route the Buttons.

Fortunately, this is a process that one can check completely in Preview. Unfortunately, it is not something that Check Project will pick up. That is because the Routing is OK (Encore does not yet know what YOU want), and all will work fine, just not as YOU would like it. That's what the manual Routing takes care of. It is also not something that one even bothers with - until something like your situation happens.

Let me know if this works for you, and that you get what YOU want from it. The manual does a pretty good job of talking one through the manual Routing of Buttons, i.e. where to click to drag, and where to drop, once dragged.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS Chuck, while I was typing, you were posting! You beat me to the punch, yet again. :-5
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:46 am

Thanks Bill, Don't have Encore on my work computer so couldn't remember all of the details :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bill Hunt » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:48 am

Chuck,

That may be, but you nailed the problem and the solution! =D>

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Helen » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:06 pm

Thanks Bill and Chuck,

It is all so clear now. I will leave this project as is and change any future ones as needed.

All my major dvd projects are finished now and just waiting for the Ok to do burn all the dvds. I can finally relax a little and catch up on everything else.

Thanks once again

Helen

=D> :-D
Helen
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to DVD Authoring