They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Lightscribe

Discussions on third party software for the final creation of DVD including Nero, Roxio, DVD Architect, Magix, Ulead, etc...

Re: Lightscribe

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:59 pm

ScrugneysGundogs wrote:
RJ Johnston wrote:...the Aptivo ones required three passes.

Just in case you weren't aware of this, Lightscribe Control Panel has adjustments for how dark the labels print. The darker you want to print them, the longer it takes. I set mine to "best" and to print a full disk label (rather than a thin text label) it takes about 30 minutes.

Yes, I've got it set to "best." You would have to be blind not to see it that option.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:32 pm

Ahhh, I will check that out. I'm not sure what the default is but I haven't changed anything.

One thing that seems kind of funny;
After installing the Lightscribe software I was unable to capture in Premiere Elements, Premiere Pro, or even WinDV, from my Pyro Link.
I would get the capture screen, and could see the video in the monitor, but when I would press Record nothing happened. If I pressed stop it would just say 'No Frames Captured'.

After closing the Lightscribe Control Panel (which is a background process located in the task bar) everything seems to be working again.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ScrugneysGundogs » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:52 pm

RJ Johnston wrote: Yes, I've got it set to "best." You would have to be blind not to see it that option.

heh, heh! :-D I didn't mean to offend you! I never tried printing one 3 times at the "best" setting - it must be really dark!
ScrugneysGundogs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:38 pm

ScrugneysGundogs wrote:
RJ Johnston wrote: Yes, I've got it set to "best." You would have to be blind not to see it that option.

heh, heh! :-D I didn't mean to offend you! I never tried printing one 3 times at the "best" setting - it must be really dark!

Yes, I was extremely offended. I even got a rash. :---)

After three passes on best on the Ativa disc (just found it in my drawer), there still isn't as much contrast as one pass on the Verbatim.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Previous

Return to DVD Authoring