They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

No sound

Discussions on third party software for the final creation of DVD including Nero, Roxio, DVD Architect, Magix, Ulead, etc...

Re: No sound

Postby cdeemer » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:43 am

That is a good idea, Jack. I'm not going back to re-edit this particular project but I'll surely keep that in mind.

Also, I think I should try to cut a DVD of a short anything with a timeline audio track, just to see what happens. If no sound still, then it's PE but if I do get sound, then maybe it's the BIAB interface. Sound like a good experiment?
Editor, Oregon Literary Review
Artistic Director, Small Screen Video
cdeemer
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

An experiment, alas

Postby cdeemer » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:01 am

I tried burning a DVD in PE3 from a short scene with sound -- and no sound. So it's clearly a problem with my PE. And since a repair re-installation didn't fix it, I suppose that leaves only a total uninstall and re-install to try. But I'm going to wait until DVD Architect arrives and try that -- and if I can make quality DVDs that way, I won't worry about it since everything else in PE appears to be working.

I thought the idea of keeping the audio track but lowering the volume might do it. But apparently it's not about BIAB, it's about PE.
cdeemer
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Summary

Postby cdeemer » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:02 am

From within PE3 ...
--export as avi, sound
--export as mpeg, sound
--export as wmv, sound
--burn dvd, no sound

but if I use the exported avi above:
--burn dvd with freeware, sound

Let me know if you figure this out.
cdeemer
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:58 am

You haven't said, have you tried deleting and recreating your preferences file yet? Long shot, but preference files do get corrupted sometimes and cause strange problems.
Bob

Postby cdeemer » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:09 pm

I don't even know what the pref file is or how to access it.
cdeemer
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:16 pm

Clearing the cache and preferences might do the trick
http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bbdd316
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:22 pm

And from a post on the Adobe forum by Paul LS
C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\Application Data\Adobe\Premiere Elements\4.0 and delete the complete Premiere Elements folder it will be rebuilt next time you start PE4. Note it might be a hidden file on your PC and so you need to go to into Tools>Folder Options>View and select Show hidden files and folders.

Just change the 4.0 to a 3.0 if you have version 3 ;)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:36 pm

Charles, you wouldn't be using a Sony VAIO would you?

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c06569c

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby cdeemer » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:50 pm

I appreciate all the energy folks are giving this problem. Here's an update:

Charles, you wouldn't be using a Sony VAIO would you?

Nope.

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\Application Data\Adobe\Premiere Elements\4.0 and delete the complete Premiere Elements folder it will be rebuilt next time you start PE4. Note it might be a hidden file on your PC and so you need to go to into Tools>Folder Options>View and select Show hidden files and folders.

OK, my D & S folder has subfolders: cdeemer, All Users and Compaq_Owner. Only cdeemer has an Application Data folder but there is no Adobe or Premiere folder in it.

To flush the preferences, hold down the Shift and Control keys as you start up the program, clearing up many problems. (The only trade-off is the loss of some preference settings. Project files will not be affected

I did this and burned a DVD. No sound. I rebooted and tried again. No sound.

No progress.
cdeemer
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Good news -- if you have a lot of time

Postby cdeemer » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:37 pm

I found this work around on an Adobe forum:

My work around is copy the "audio" file after the 1st unsuccsesful burn attemp from the subdirectory PE3 creates called Sequence 01. Copy the direcrory to where ever and then import it the "audio" file to project. Delete the original audio file from project time line and drag the imported "audio" in it's place. Burn again and it should work, as with this method I have about a 98% succsesful burn rate. Also make sure you copy the file from Sequence 01 directory before closing the project after the first unsuccsesful burn attempt as it is volitile and PE3 deletes itself once closed.

I tried it -- IT WORKS! That's the good news. Of course, it already takes long enough to burn a DVD in PE, now you have to do it twice. But it's better than nothing. I hope it's not better than DVD Architect. Stay tuned.

So what does this work around tell the geeks out there about the problem?
cdeemer
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:52 pm

Not sure Charles but I would almost bet that if you used WAV instead of MP3 files that it would work without problems.

Anyway, I'm sure you will be much happier with DVD Architect so this won't be a problem for you anymore anyhow ;)

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby cdeemer » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:38 pm

Here's a surprising (to me) post mortem ... what I want, of course, is a quality DVD of our 17 min. silent comedy. So doing that work around (and I notice the audio file is indeed .wav), I get a DVD that is great! HOORAY!!

So I am cleaning up. Whew. Go watch some Olympics. And there on my desk is the FIRST DVD, the one that made the Sequence 01 folder from which I got the new audio file ... so just for kicks I try it -- AND IT WORKS! In other words, this time around, the usual way DID work. Not maybe going thru the work around routine did something to fix whatever was wrong, I don't know. All this is too weird for me, I'm just a writer. At any rate, I now have two beautiful DVDs of the silent comedy. Goodnight.
cdeemer
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Paul LS » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:51 am

Did you try "Render and replace" for your audio before trying to burn?
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby cdeemer » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:24 am

No ... I don't see that command anywhere. Where is it? Closest is Render Work Area.
cdeemer
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Paul LS » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:25 am

Clip>Audio Options>Render and replace
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

PreviousNext