They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Which DVD is safest?

Discussions on third party software for the final creation of DVD including Nero, Roxio, DVD Architect, Magix, Ulead, etc...

Re: Which DVD is safest?

Postby Gerry » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:34 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:On the nose, John. Remember, those disks are spinning very, very fast, and the slightest thing can knock them out of balance and -- :shock:

The glue can also gum things up and, allegedly even soak into the disk and damage your data.

And I just was taught another lesson: I discovered through trial and error that certain DVD players/burners can make the DVD very warm. The problem I discovered was that the DVD's polycarbonate would expand slightly, but the paper label wouldn't. I started getting errors because the DVDs were literally "cupping" ever so slightly -- I could physically see it when I set the DVD down on a flat surface. After the DVD cooled down it was flat again, and when the player was cool the errors would stop.
Dell XPS 8500 desktop w/ Intel i7-3770 CPU @ 3.4ghz / 22 gigs RAM / Radeon HD7570 1g dedicated video memory/ PrEl 11 & 9 / Photoshop and Illustrator CS5 / After Effects CS4 / Olympus OM-D E-M5 DSLR (1080i HD video)

Time is money, life is change.
Gerry
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Gregg Kimball » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:42 pm

I just received an Epson R280 from FEDEX this morning so I promise never to stick on a label again! Anyone need a bunch of stick on CD labels? :lol:
XP Pro, Pentium D 3200 Mhz, Memory 4,096.00 MB, NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT
Canon HV20, PE4
Gregg Kimball

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:11 pm

I just ordered a CD-DVD tray for my Canon IP4200 printer. Some of the Canon printers have the ability to print on CD/DVDs, but in the United States Canon disabled the feature.

Here is the web site, but they don't have any in stock, but you might be able to get one from Ebay, as some of us have done.

http://www.cd-trays.com/pages/where_to_buy.html
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Previous

Return to DVD Authoring