They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Encore - Replace Asset error

Discussions on third party software for the final creation of DVD including Nero, Roxio, DVD Architect, Magix, Ulead, etc...

Encore - Replace Asset error

Postby momoffduty » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:27 pm

Working in Encore CS6:

Import a file as Timeline (AVI file). Imported the 3 other segments (AVI files) as assets and placed on the Timeline. Burned the disc.

Made changes to the project in PrPro and exported new AVI files to use in Encore.

Now, when I replaced asset for the first one (the one imported as a Timeline) went okay and now showing Untranscoded which would be correct. Replaced asset for segment 3 and now showing Untranscoded which would be correct.

I previewed the project and now segment 4 has no audio, but shows audio in the timeline. Saved and closed project.

Reopened project and segment 4 now has audio, but segment 1 is showing offline. Tried to reconnect, but says it is already imported.

Gave up and started a new Encore project which only took about 5 minutes. I've used the Replace Asset in Encore CS3 many times with no problems. Is anyone experiencing this in CS6? This project was fairly simple so no big deal to just start a new project, but some of my projects have 3 menus and many timelines, etc.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Return to DVD Authoring