They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

SIMPLE DVD CREATION APP WANTED

Discussions on third party software for the final creation of DVD including Nero, Roxio, DVD Architect, Magix, Ulead, etc...

Re: SIMPLE DVD CREATION APP WANTED

Postby AVITRY » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:58 am

I wish I wasn't brain dead. I bought Steve's book on DVD Arch. I bought the program, but ..... I dunno, I'm trying to think but nothin happens. :no:

I suppose I'm expecting the program to be able to do some very (seemingly) easy things. It won't, and I continue to fumble with its restrictions. Its hopeless for me also Ken, I do so little in terms of diverse authoring that my redundant tasks in DVDWS have me spoiled.

Oh please someone who is a genius programmer, design an authoring program like Ulead's old DVD Workshop that runs on Win 7 and handles HD.

Whom ever programmed that authoring program needs to do it one more time.

For the life of me, I can't understand why all the other authoring programs are so counter intuitive and restrictive, and most are structured to take you down paths I don't want to go in the authoring steps.

Luckily, for now, I'm still doing VHS to DVD conversions that only require standard definition, and while building a new PC with an i5 processor, I had to revert back to XP just to use DVDWorkshop.

You would think one of these companies would pick up a copy of that program, run it, and say, geez, yeah, this is simple, lets do it like this. [-( but Nooooo ... it's much better to go looney reinventing a wheel that is already perfect. :pull:
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen/3 motherboard. Core i7 2600 and 16 gigs of ddr3. SSD Crucial boot drive, GTX750 Ti video card. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Previous

Return to DVD Authoring