They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Photo Editing - Aging Skin

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Re: Photo Editing - Aging Skin

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:21 am

Bill Hunt wrote:.....Both Ben Wilmore and Scott Kelby have some good tips in their PS books. I have the each author's CS2 version. I also recommend Katrin (Kate) Eismann's Photo Retouching with Photoshop books.....

The 'bible' type books are fine if you want a detailed guide as to what the program will do. If (and this is my preference) you want a guide to using particular techniques then I second Bill's recommendation. For Scott Kelby have a look at

"Scott Kelby's 7-Point System for Adobe Photoshop"
"The Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers"

and also the Eismann book.

At different times I have found each to be invaluable, when trying to achieve a result and not quite remembering how I did it last time (senior moments are getting more frequent :???: )
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Bobby » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:00 am

Thanks Hunt - I have a couple of Kelby books that I haven't opened in quite a while - I will hunt for a solution there. I don't think I want to put that much effort into this as a 20 layer edit, but we'll see.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:05 am

Here is a tutorial that I recently used that Chuck posted on the Soften a Photo thread:

http://www.photoshopessentials.com/phot ... ooth-skin/

It works great!
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Bobby » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:15 am

Thanks Cheryl - I have done the opposite - to do in effect custom sharpening, but will try with the Invert.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Barb O » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:54 am

Bobby,
I realize that you are using "full photoshop" but .....

For the benefit of forum participants who are interested in this subject and only have Photoshop Elements, I want to mention the book
"The Photoshop Elements 5 Restoration and Retouching Book" by Matt Kloskowski

Amazon USA currently shows it at $14 and despite the fact that it is a couple of versions old, I think it is worthwhile for someone using PS Elements and looking for beginner to intermediate techniques available in the Elements product. Its instructions and illustrated examples are easy to follow.

A specific example : for selective reduction of wrinkles it illustrates using the Healing Brush to a new layer and reducing the opacity of that layer.
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby cdeemer » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:01 pm

I'm just listening in here but if we ever needed sample excerpts to show what this place is about, these comments are great. Like Steve says, tech and wine tips at the same time!
Editor, Oregon Literary Review
Artistic Director, Small Screen Video
cdeemer
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Previous

Return to Tips and Tricks