They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

After you've made all the copies

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Re: After you've made all the copies

Postby Peru » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:26 pm

Bill Hunt wrote:Personally, I always burn a "test" DVD RW, and then play that in 6 different set-top players from an esoteric, down to a US$49 cheapie. If that DVD plays in each, I also test it in three different computer DVD drives, with a handful of DVD software players.

Hunt

Wow! Do you have that many machines set up?
Peru

Re: After you've made all the copies

Postby Bill Hunt » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:25 pm

Chuck,

I do get lax, depending on the Project. If, however, I am delivering multiple sets, I'll go through the process, before burning all the dupes. Then, I'll grab a random one, or two, of the dupes and check them out on the higher-end and lowest-end units - just to be sure. It's the DVD version of the carpenter's mantra - "measure twice and cut once.

Peru,

I seem to have a load of these. Only one was purchases specifically as a test unit. The others just seemed to come, as I added TV's to the house. Also, as we purchased a one-owner home, and it's on a mountainside with no real basement, and the attic is not very accommodating, I do not have all the feeds to centralize my entertainment systems, and control thing remotely, so most TV's have their own player wired to it, and one is a combo unit with TV/VHS/DVD in it.

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Previous

Return to Tips and Tricks