They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

rfd

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

rfd

Postby Maxine370 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:57 pm

I have a video project I'm working on that incorporates video from a DVD camcorder. Some of was imported through the media importer and I plan to reverse the field dominance. The rest was imported by using my regular camcorder as a pass-through playing from a standard DVD player. (There were some issues using the media importer... it didn't work for these discs). So the video ultimately got imported as an AVI. Do these clips need to be reversed as well. Before I go and reverse them all (individually since I forgot to do it before I edited), does anyone know if they'll still need to be reversed or has importing as AVI reversed them already.

Do I even make sense anymore?
Happy Editing,

Beth
Maxine370
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:16 pm

Your pass-through video will not need to have the field order reversed.

That's something only true of native MPEGs -- and then not all MPEGs.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:53 pm

Welcome back Steve !

I have never had to reverse the fields using the Media Downloader to capture a DVD so don't think you have to do it always. You will know by the jerkyness of the video even after rendering.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Tips and Tricks