They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Frame Over Picture Directions

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Frame Over Picture Directions

Postby slushparlor1 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:06 pm

Beth:
Your stuff is just amazing. I can't tell you how many times I watched the 40th birthday video. If you ever feel like doing a tutorial on putting the frame over the pictures I would be so excited. Thanks for sharing this!!! :-D
slushparlor1
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Not mine - but I hope to one day be this good

Postby Maxine370 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:17 am

Aw shucks, thanks all.

I'd be happy to try and walk you through the process but I'm not sure which effect you are referring to. I am always happy to try and share with other members of the forum.
Happy Editing,

Beth
Maxine370
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Not mine - but I hope to one day be this good

Postby slushparlor1 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:09 pm

Hi Beth:

I was talking about the part in the video where you have the baby pictures and the names and then the picture frame goes on top of the photo. I think that's great!!!!! :)
slushparlor1
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Frame Over Picture Directions

Postby Maxine370 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:31 pm

Hi Teresa,

Here is the frame PSD file for download http://muvipix.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10006/frame.zip

First place your picture that you'll want to frame on track 1 (or the lowest track)
Next put the frame layer (to come) above it on track 2
Lastly your title will go on track 3 (or uppermost track)

In order to crop your photo you have to work from the middle so we'll keyframe the frame first. Have your frame start halfway in on your picture.

Add the Basic 3d effect to frame file. Now keyframe the movement and 3d. Start by keyframing frame position offscreen at start of the clip (I used -364 and 224). You can have the frame start out smaled or larger than it will finish by adjusting the scale as well. Finally you can set the rotation to what you want it to be.

Next keyframe the position you want it to be in once it arrive on screen. Click to add keyframes about 3 secs from start of frame. I used 306 and 236. Scale size is 103 height and 93 width and .9 rotation. You can vary these as fit.

Now you'll add in the 3D movement. Start by adding keyframe on swivel at 90 degrees. Add a second keyframe at the same point where the second motion keyframe is. This keyframe should be 1x00 to create the flip over rotation.

Next let's work with the picture. First you'll need to adjust it so it fits within the frame. Click on the frame track and position the cti at the second keyframe (where frame arrives). Now click down to you picture track. You should see the frame over the picture but it may not be at the right rotation, size and pieces may be sticking out the frame. Now you'll want to fiddle with your motion, position, scale and rotation to get it to frame the part you want and then crop out the excess.

Add the crop effect. The easier way to get the crop to where you want it is to use the handles. In the properties panel, click on the word crop, next to the eye (mind you, I created this with version 2 so the interface may a look a bit different now but it should work the same way). You should see a box around your picture with 4 squares on the corners. Click and draggin on the squares will allow you to crop and size it within your frame. Be careful not to lose the handle (little square).

Now you should have the picture framed within the frame. Now you can add motion to bring it in or scale it or so forth. Make sure you set the keyframes for all the motion at the point the frame arrives. Now go back to the starting point and change your motion keyframes as you'd like. I sized my picture down (from about 200 to 80), Moved it from the center of the screen at 360 and 380 to 213 and 230 and rotated from 0 to -4.3. You can try these but you will most likely need to adjust since your picture might be differnt in dimension and the focal point might be at a different point.

Finally bringing in the title is similar to the frame except I started mine offscreen from the right where the frame started offscreen at the left. The 3d keyframing should be the same.

Hope that was helpful and not too confusing. Lookout for the frame file upload.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy Editing,

Beth
Maxine370
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby slushparlor1 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:41 am

Beth:

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for me. I'm always amazed by the generosity of the people on this site! I'm going to give this a try this weekend. Thank you again!!!
slushparlor1
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:25 am

Ron, This is great, can you make it an article or something? :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Tips and Tricks