They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Shutter ANGLES and Creative Control

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Shutter ANGLES and Creative Control

Postby Paz_Pazzaz » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:09 am

http://www.red.com/learn/red-101/shutter-angle-tutorial

Panasonic's release of firmware update 2.3 for the GH5, designed to improve auto focus, requires setting the shutter speed by ANGLE rather than time.

With the angle setup I'm finding my vids tend to be more toward over exposed and am adjusting aperture more often, even though I have my light to dark setting at about -3. (Maybe that's minus 0.3.)

In some of my stored settings I have ISO set and in others I have ISO automatic. I need to pay attention and figure out which is best with angle being set to the recommended 180 degrees.

So I've been thinking about shutter angle, and whether I need to locate my adjustable neutral density filter so I can adjust on the fly.. and then I came across the article above.

I have been planning on setting up a super high frame rate especially for slow motion of things like hummers. Based on this article, I may want to have a very narrow degree of shutter angle in hopes of getting very little wing blur. While this might not be a new concept for most here, it is for me and I thought I'd share. I'll be experimenting!

Paz
Whatever you do, don't set your coffee cup adjacent to your turps cup. :CS:
Paz_Pazzaz
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Tips and Tricks