They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Background music

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Background music

Postby bry_man » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:31 pm

personally I think this can make or break a "movie"

how do you find yours? or do you already have some in mind already, do you go by theme or style of clip/pictures ie action(riding a bike) or lovey (wedding)

and do you find that once you find a piece of music that what you wanted, do you then find the "movie" changes a little bit coz you want to change picture/clip/transition etc to the rhythm of the music
For short amusing clips, check out my channel..........

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtP0n4jJHe2iojfa8qDVyOw/videos

Please feel free to subscribe and share before the kids kill each other lmao
bry_man

Re: Background music

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:13 pm

Sometimes I'll just catch myself humming a song as I'm editing or shooting and realize my subconscious has provided me a song.

Other times it's a song that's relevant. Most couples have "their song", which makes a great background for a wedding video.

I've also done a lot of In Memoriam videos lately. There are some obvious, almost cliche choices (Like John Lennon's "In My Life"), but occasionally I stumble across a song that just takes it home. When my mom passed away, I stumbled across this Taylor Swift song called "The Best Day" that's all about motherhood -- and which made the video one of the most powerful I've ever done.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Peru » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:05 pm

bry_man wrote:personally I think this can make or break a "movie"

how do you find yours?

I have a hard drive (and backups, of course) of about 9,000 pieces of music, many of those downloaded from a subscription to a stock footage site, and of course all of the Muvipix music downloads.

I make a playlist in Windows Media Player of a random sampling if those sound clips and listen to as much of each as needed until I decide "yes" or "no." Sometimes I hear something that is not right for the current project, but take notes for future projects.

I have some of the music sorted in categories, but the ones I downloaded from the stock media were downloaded in a hurry since I had a limited time (one year) to download them (and a bunch of video clips, too) and my download speed on DSL is only about 5-6 Mbps. I hope to one day have time to sort them all.

and do you find that once you find a piece of music that what you wanted, do you then find the "movie" changes a little bit coz you want to change picture/clip/transition etc to the rhythm of the music

Absolutely. I usually pick the music first and then edit the video as close as I can to the music. I sometimes will have the music at the beginning of the clip on the timeline and edit or cut the music clip to create the ending portion of the music for the end of the timeline.
I then edit the video and add edited music in the middle as needed.
Peru

Postby MrGrunthunter » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:38 pm

I pull a lot of my background music from Eric Matyas website http://soundimage.org/ . He has his music very well organized into many categories so I created the same file categories on my hard drive where I keep all of my audio files. All of his music tracks are free but he does ask for a donation and credits in your video. I pretty much edit my videos first and then go look through the particular category of interest then look at the duration to see what fits the best. Most of my videos will run from 10 - 20 min so they require several scores.
Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Instld RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0
MrGrunthunter
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby bry_man » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:39 am

thanks for the comments, means a lot

what a great website, thanks for that :tup:
For short amusing clips, check out my channel..........

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtP0n4jJHe2iojfa8qDVyOw/videos

Please feel free to subscribe and share before the kids kill each other lmao
bry_man

Return to Tips and Tricks