They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Building up a panorama

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

Building up a panorama

Postby Briantho » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:29 am

I'd like to create a wide panorama made up of individual JPGs. I'm just too new to Photoshop to work out how to do it and the JPGs only seem to want to go in the middle of the new 'Blank file'. I'd like to paste the first image on the left, second next to it (nudging it into exactly where I want it) and so on. Maybe I'm approaching this in completely the wrong way?

Many thanks in advance!

PS. This will ultimately be set at about 33% opacity and 'panned' along in a titles sequence within a PE3 project.
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby happy2bapappy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:52 am

....from the help section of photoshop 4

To create a Photomerge Panorama composition
Do one of the following:
In the Editor, choose File > New > Photomerge Panorama.
In the Organizer, choose File > New > Photomerge Panorama.

If you opened the files from the Editor, click Browse to navigate to the source files or folder you want to use to create the Photomerge Panorama composition. When you?ve added all the source files, click OK to create the Photomerge Panorama composition. The source files open automatically and are processed.
If the composition can?t be automatically assembled, a message appears on-screen. You can assemble the composition manually in the Photomerge dialog box by dragging photos from the lightbox into the work area, and assembling them there manually.
After the new panorama image appears in the Photomerge dialog box, you can work with individual source files and change your view of the work area. If you need to rearrange the order of the images, drag an image in the work area to reposition it, or rearrange the images in the light box. (Deselect Snap To Image if necessary to arrange the images where you want.)
If necessary, adjust the vanishing point or blending settings of your composition.
Click OK to generate the panorama as a new file.

hope that helps.
happy2bapappy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Briantho » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:16 am

Many thanks John - just what I needed :)
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby happy2bapappy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:23 am

:thumbright:
happy2bapappy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to Photoshop Elements