They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Font Styles from Premier to Photoshop?

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

Font Styles from Premier to Photoshop?

Postby Cinde » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:05 pm

Is there a way to use the preset library of title text styles from Premier Elements 3 in Photoshop Elements 5?

I want to be able to use the same font style to print the face of the DVD and the jewel box. I know I can use the same font in both PrEl 3 and PhEl 5, but I can’t replicate the styles from PrEl 3 into PhEl 5. I think the print quality would be good enough if I simply do print screen capture.

Here’s the real problem: I have been asked if I can supply my customer with a photo that can be printed 8x10 (the original is also 8x10) using the same font style as in the video. I don't think a screen capture would produce a good print quality.

Suggestions, solutions?
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:43 pm

Photoshop Elements hasn't got as many options for stylizing text as, say, Photoshop CS -- and I don't expect you have CS.

However, I'm going to drop you a note by e-mail. If you'll mail me a screenshot (from Premiere Elements) and the exact text in the exact style you want it to appear, I'll create it as a high-rez graphic and e-mail it to you for inclusion in Photo Elements.

Will that work? Do we have a few days to accomplish this?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Cinde » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:08 pm

Steve, what a generous offer. =D>

Your love of graphics and love of helping others sure does shine through in your offers to help solve problems for those of us who are struggling. The same goes for all the experts on this wonderful forum who go above and beyond to help us.:salute:

I’m happy to report that I’ve found a workaround. I thought if the screen capture would work for the DVD jewel case, then why not try larger letters for the printed photo. The same principle should apply.

I sometimes use several different fonts and text styles within one video. While working on the individual video, at the end I drop in a title screen. If I'm using black or dark colored text I first drop in a white or color matte. If it’s white or light colored text I use the default black background. I type the text with the style I want. Then I view it full screen and grab a screen capture. When I’m satisfied with the capture I delete the title screen.

Then in Photoshop I create a new image from clipboard, crop to text area, use the magic wand to delete the background, inverse selection, copy it then paste as a layer onto the photo (which I have already opened) and finally free transform the layer to size and position. End result… an exact match of the text style of the video to print on the jewel box, DVD face and printed photos.

Now all I have to figure out is how to arc the letters in Premier for a screen capture that will work on the DVD face.

angry9: I gotta tell y’all that it’s not expedient to work on a keyboard in dim lighting. I KNOW because I kept trying to do a screen capture and several times in a row my computer shut down. Why? Instead of depressing the print screen key I kept depressing the power key which is directly above the prsc key.
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Photoshop Elements