They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Drawing a 'quote' bubble?

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

Drawing a 'quote' bubble?

Postby Briantho » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:06 pm

I have a photo of our granddaughters standing close to each other and looking as if they are shouting out something. I thought it would look really great on the front of our traditional homemade Christmas card with a 'bubble' and a seasonal greeting inside the bubble. I plan on using the new graphic (original photo, bubble with 'arrows' from both of them and, of course, greeting inside) as a JPG within Publisher - but that bit is easy.

Is there a 'shape' for the bubble I can get hold of from somewhere and then manipulate next to the photo? Maybe a tutorial covering shapes that is relevant to this sort of thing..?

Many thanks in advance for your usual great help.
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Drawing a 'quote' bubble?

Postby Bob » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:24 pm

Brian,

Photoshop Elements has a custom shape tool that includes a set of talk bubbles of various shapes and styles that you can add and resize. Should be one in there that's suitable.
Bob

Postby Briantho » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:46 pm

Many thanks Bob. I thought I'd looked but obviously not hard enough - duh! :oops:
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:44 am

"Speech bubble" entered into Google Images also brings up many options.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Briantho » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:25 am

Thanks John. I suddenly had a small amount of brain activity and found some easy-to-manipulate bubbles within Publisher and very nice they look too! #-o
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bill Hunt » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:15 pm

Brian,

Seems that there was a recent link to a good source of these - maybe here, or in the Premiere Elements forum on Adobe. If I can locate that link (should it not be one from a Google search), I'll post it to this thread. I *believe* that it was Robert Johnson, who posted that link.

I usually just build mine in Adobe Illustrator, and then Place them in Photoshop for manipulation, even if my final use will be in an NLE.

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Briantho » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:40 pm

Thanks Bill. I must admit, the Publisher ones worked out well and they have 'handles' everywhere you need them. All the same, it's very handy to know about the alternatives. :-D
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:47 pm

If you need bubbles and other "stamps" that you can load into the titler, Techsmith has many different kinds. They are actually intended for Snagit.

http://www.techsmith.com/snagit/accessories.asp

Scroll down the page till you come to Stamps.

For a simple bubble, you can do your own right in the titler by combining circle and/or square shapes. Then you drag your text over the bubble. Use the "bring to front" or "send to back" commands so the title is in front.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Photoshop Elements