They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Combining multiple pictures into one

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

Combining multiple pictures into one

Postby edwin@parksplace.com » Thu May 13, 2021 10:10 pm

I'm sure this is very basic so please bear with me; I am brand new to Photoshop Elements 2020. I have been struggling and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to combine multiple picture files into one picture. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
edwin@parksplace.com
New User
New User

Re: Combining multiple pictures into one

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Fri May 14, 2021 12:24 am

Do you mean showing multiple images on the same page? If so then this is how to do it in Photoshop (I don't have PSE but I hope that it is similar):-

1. Create a new, white background (File>New) with dimensions that you require. For example if A4 portrait mode then choose 297mm tall by 210mm wide (A4 size). Make sure that you have selected white as the background colour.

2. Open the photo that you want to use. Press CTRL+J to create a new layer (preserves the original image).

3. Use the crop tool to select the parts of the image that you wish to use.

4. Then, at the top of the PE workspace, click on the tab for the image and drag it down a short way. You should now be able to move your cursor to the Layers panel (normally bottom left of workspace) and select the photo image layer. Select it and drag it onto the white backgound image that should be visible in the main PE workspace.

5. To change the size of the image on the white backgound click on the image, select Edit>Tansform. Select Scale and make sure that you click on the "linked chain" at the top of the screen (near the X:Y:W settings) to maintain the image aspect ratio.

6. Finally, adjust the position of the image as required.

7. Repeat for other images.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby edwin@parksplace.com » Thu May 20, 2021 9:23 am

Thank you very much for the help.. with your guidance I finally succeeded!
edwin@parksplace.com
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu May 20, 2021 9:30 am

:SS: Super Moderator John !!
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Photoshop Elements