They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

using PSD12 to edit disc menu from PremEl12

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

using PSD12 to edit disc menu from PremEl12

Postby CarolG » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:50 pm

I use Photoshop Elements 12 (PSD) and Premiere Elements 12 (PrEl) on a Win7Pro OS with 16 GB RAM.

I want to use PSD to edit disc menus used in PrEl.

When I open a given disc menu (either scene or main menu) in PSD, the layers are shown in the layers panel. One PrEl-12 help reference referred to an arrow to the left of a layer-folder to use to access the components within that layer. That arrow does not show up in my layers panel. [Please see the attachment “capture of edited disc menu in PS cropped.”]

Q: Is there any way to open these GROUP folders to edit the components? I would like to change the color of a scene menu button frame or an arrow. [Please see the attachment “capture to show frame.”

I have also tried to “simplify layer”, but that doesn’t seem to help any.

I have been able to delete a group folder (i.e. “foreground”).
Thank you, Carol
ps - I am posting this Q a 2nd time, b/c I was told to ask one Q at a time...sorry about that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CarolG
New User
New User

Re: using PSD12 to edit disc menu from PremEl12

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:17 pm

As I've said in my email and in your previous post, the ability to edit Layer Sets (folders of layers) in a PSD file was not added to Photoshop Elements until version 15. Before that, it was sporadic.

Meantime, have you seen my tutorials on editing these movie menus?

HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby CarolG » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:34 pm

Yes - I re-posted this Q per your request to narrow my Qs to one at a time for input from others. In addition, my confusion seems to be stemming from the fact your book for Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 showed the layers panel with the "drop down" arrows to the left of the layers folders....see page 172.....I can understand how this feature might not have been available in PSD-12, but then, why page 172?
CarolG
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:25 pm

As I said, it works on some computers and not on others -- as you can see in the tutorials. Though it didn't become an actual feature in Photoshop Elements until version 15. (The professional version of Photoshop has been able to edit and create Layer Sets since its early versions.)
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Photoshop Elements