They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

print 4 2x3 wallets on one piece of 4x6 photo paper

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

print 4 2x3 wallets on one piece of 4x6 photo paper

Postby cspitser » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:32 pm

I want to use PSE 15 to print four 2x3 in wallets on one piece of 4x6 in photo paper. I have tried creating a 4x6 white canvass and then copying and pasting images onto it. When I do that, the picture covers up the entire canvass. I can’t resize it. Changing the image size of the picture to 2x3 doesn’t help. Does anybody know the right way to do this?
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: print 4 2x3 wallets on one piece of 4x6 photo paper

Postby cspitser » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:51 am

I read the 8 pse tutorials from steve grisetti. it looks like I can develop a file to print using the organizer. either "prints" or "callage" I am hopeing that there is a way that I can drag my four pictures into a 4x6 frame and the program will automatically place them into four 2x3 places. Is that possible
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Peru » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:12 pm

I know of no way to do that automatically. You will have to do that manually in Photoshop Elements.
If there was a way to do that automatically, Steve probably would have had it in his books. ;)
Peru

Postby sidd finch » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:30 pm

As I remember the brand of photo-paper (Avery) that you use sometimes has templates you can use to organize the paper before you print. You then open a word document and select the template number and place your photos and print. It has been a while so someone might have better instructions.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby cspitser » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:26 pm

that's what I am looking for - a template where I can drop 4 pictures. I can't believe I am the only person who wants this.
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:33 pm

Found this on the Microsoft website. This is for word.

https://support.office.com/en-us/articl ... 1d5622ff1b

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby cspitser » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:50 pm

Thanks for helping.
Those templates seem to be for address labels which are much too small for wallet pictures
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:15 pm

If you look through Avery 8383 is for 4x6 photo paper. You might try scrolling through the numbers and see if there is a size for your needs.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby cspitser » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:58 pm

Sidd,

I went to MS word and searched for templates and spefically avery 8383. I did not see anything about 4x6 photo paper
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby cspitser » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:02 pm

Chuck Engle referred me to a youtube tutorial that shows how to do what i want. It is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbmEUHPd6Xs

let me tell you where I am. I have 4 jpg files that are trimmed to 2x3 dimsnsions. resolution is good. I loaded the 4 files into the pse organizer. I then went in to the editor and created a new blank file at 4x6 dimensions .

I then checked all 4 of my orginizer pictures and then moved them to the editor.

Then I went in to the editor and created guide lines to divide the 4x6 canvass into four 2x3 sections. That is where I got lost. I don't know how to copy and paste my pictures into the four places in the canvass. can you help me?
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:44 am

I suspect that you didn't make the resolution for the 2x3 photos and the 4x6 file the same. If the resolutions do not match, the image you paste will be scaled to match the resolution of file you pasted it into. That can easily result in images that are the wrong size to fit. As a rule of thumb, for printing purposes, a good value for the resolution is 300 pixels per inch.

If you make the 4x6 file to be 4x6 inches at 300 pixels per inch and the 2x3 photos to be 2x3 inches at 300 pixels per inch, the photos should be able to be pasted into the 4x6 file at the correct relative size and you should only need to move the photos into the desired position.

As for your current files, you should have been able to resize the images using Free Transform (keyboard shortcut ctrl+T) after selecting the layer you want to resize. A bounding box should appear with resizing handles that you can drag to change the size. Make sure "Constrain Proportions" is checked and drag a corner to resize the image. If the image is very large, the bounding box may be off screen where you can't see it. In which case, you will need to reduce the display magnification of the document pane to see it.
Bob

Postby cspitser » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:10 pm

Bob,

Thanks for helping with this.

I checked and my 4x6 white canvass background, and the four pictures are all 300 pix/inch. I am in the editor. The bottom panel has the background and the 4 pictures. If I left click on one of the 5, that is what shows in the upper large panel. I have put guides on the background that divide the canvass into the 4 panes where I want the pictures. If I left click on the background and then drag one of the pictures onto the background, it fills the entire 4x6 area and it has no handles. I can’t do anything with it. Please tell me how to get my first picture onto the canvass so that it has handles.
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:18 pm

Select your Move Tool. In the Options Bar check the box labeled "Show Transform Controls."

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby cspitser » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:07 pm

I selected the move tool, but where is the options bar and where is the box labeled 'show transform controls"?
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:31 pm

Something is odd. You should have gotten a bounding box around the image with resizing handles. It might help if you could post a screen capture so we could see what you see.

Please double check those files. The 4x6 file should have a size of 1200x1800 pixels at a resolution of 300 pixels per inch. And, the 2x3 files should have a size of 600x900 pixels at a resolution of 300 pixels per inch. Is that what you have?

Here's something else you can try. Open the 4x6 file. Don't use the organizer or file bin to bring in the 2x3 photos. Instead, from the menu, select File>Place and navigate to where the 2x3 files are stored on your drive and select one. This should bring in the file as a "smart object". You should see the image with the bounding box and resizing handles and there should be an x over the image formed by diagonal lines drawn through the corners. Did you get that? If you did, you can resize the image and position it where you want it. Again, hold down the shift key while resizing to maintain the aspect ratio. After you accept the changes, the diagonal lines will go away. Repeat for each photo to bring in.

Let us know what happens.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Bob

Next

Return to Photoshop Elements