They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Looking for an Easy Way to add transition to multiple slides

Talk about slideshow creation, whether it's with Premiere and/or Photoshop Elements or a third party helper application.

Looking for an Easy Way to add transition to multiple slides

Postby fls1945 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:02 am

I have a number of sets of still images that I am adding to a wedding video in Premiere Elements. I plan to use the same "Dissolve" transition for each still. Is there an easy way of applying that transition to each image within a selected group i.e. I am thinking of something like selecting the group of images, and then selecting the transition. Unfortunately, that does not seem to work.
Any suggestions?
fls1945

Re: Looking for an Easy Way to add transition to multiple slides

Postby Paul LS » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:26 am

I am not in front of Premiere Elements at the moment. But to do what you want you need to select the assets you want for the slideshow in the Media Panel, you can order them in the panel as well. Then select Create Slideshow from the "More" button drop down menu and it will use the default transition that you previously selected, there are also options for ordering the slides. You can select the default transistion in the transition panel, right click on your selected transition and set it to default.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Paul LS » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:34 am

Made some changes to the above post.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:59 pm

If you would like to see a visual tutorial on Paul's suggestion check out our products section.
There are a couple of tutorials in the products section that cover the Create Instant Slideshow feature. One of them is free, just search the products section for 'instant slideshow' ;)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby RJ Johnston » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:47 am

One of the nice things about Premiere Elements 8 is that you can select multiple stills that are already on the timeline and then right-click and select Apply Default Transition. You have to keep going to transitions and selecting which transition you want to be the default transition, but hey, at least it's better than it used to be.

You can select multiple groups of contiguous stills at one time and then right-click > Apply Default Transition.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:47 am

Ahhhh, very good RJ. I completely forgot about that.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Creating Slideshows