They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

First project on Premiere Elements 2022

Talk about slideshow creation, whether it's with Premiere and/or Photoshop Elements or a third party helper application.

First project on Premiere Elements 2022

Postby Candace » Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:15 pm

Mostly I'm doing OK after watching the how to videos. I also have purchased the guide. However, I don't know what to search because I cannot name this problem. Ghost picture maybe? At the end of my timeline a short appearance of a previous still picture will show. The picture also appears earlier in the project, where it is supposed to. This keeps happening and I cannot delete it. I trim both sides of pictures of movie clips on either side of it (if I have added more) and look for something in the middle (where this shows up) to delete but if I click on a tiny sliver, it deletes the next full picture and not the skinny intruder. I've tried adding a transition in that spot and it just pushes this piece further along. I've tried expanding the edges of both surrounding pictures or movie clips and that doesn't solve it either. Please help. I want to get rid of these pictures that only appear for a second in places they shouldn't!
Candace
New User
New User

Re: First project on Premiere Elements 2022

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:11 am

Try zooming in on the timeline. It seems like that tiny slither is so thin than accurate placing of the "selection pointer" is the problem. Expanding the timeline should make that selection easier as the rogue image will be much larger. Hope that makes some sense. :)
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Re: First project on Premiere Elements 2022

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:40 am

Here's my tutorial on locating and removing stray frames.

As John points out, these stray frames can hide between larger clips and they can even be on upper tracks, so zoom and and look. You'll find them.

HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Creating Slideshows