They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

momoffduty

A place to introduce and tell a little about yourself.

momoffduty

Postby momoffduty » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:39 am

Hi, I am married with 2 daughters 16 & 24 and live in the St.L area. I have an accounting background (a detail person) and 'retired' when the youngest was born. Since then I have been a volunteer with many orgs. Currently on the board of one and help with several others. We host Int'l students from the local Uni, most are grad students and have their own apts. We have also hosted German HS students that stayed with us for short periods. I love to meet people from around the world and am a mom to many. My user name is a family running joke. :)

I made my first DVD last summer of daughter's college grad activities on Movie Maker and loved it that I wanted a program that could do more. Well, PE3 has given me the more! I bought the program 8 weeks ago and since then have made 1 DVD from old family VHS video and have several to go. In the last 8 weeks, I have learned about a firewire, AVI files, handles, black video, read the camcorder manual, Adobe manual, an Adobe PE book, and just this weekend read PE2 in a Snap.

Thanks Steve & Chuck, love your book. It is easy to read for beginners and I like the contents at a glance section. It is very well organized and the features such as 'before you begin', key terms, step by step, etc is very helpful to a newbie like me.

I joined this site to learn from others and view the tutorials. I found the adobe forum just last week is how I found out about muvipix and am ready to tackle PE3.

I know I will have many questions, so thanks in advance for being patient.
:???:
momoffduty

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:18 pm

Hi,
Wow, I am impressed :!: You have only had the program for 8 weeks, have read two manuals and two books, and you already have captured, edited and burned to DVD analog footage from VHS tape - Amazing.

You are going to be great at this editing stuff, I can tell already.

Happy to have you hear MoD (momoffduty), can't wait to see what you learn next :)
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Wheat King » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:27 pm

Welcome MomoffDuty! Hope to see more of your stuff!
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ric » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:35 pm

momoffduty,

Welcome I see your from St. Louis also, I think we are the only 2 so far. Like Chuck said it looks like you are on your way with what you have done as far. Keep it up and the people here will be able help with any questions you will have.

Ric
Ric
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

thanks

Postby momoffduty » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:03 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome! To clarify, I had the VHS tapes converted by an internet company into MPEG files. I didn't even know what MPEG was until recently. I am currently working on xmas footage and putting the outtakes into a sp. feature scene...setting this all to music and special effects with the help of In a Snap :-D Still getting used to the layering of video tracks.

My computer skills have been surfing the net, MS Word, and Printshop. We will have an empty nest summer of 08, daughter getting married and the other off to college. I will loose my 'inhouse' tech support so trying to cram in all the things I want to learn. Just recently learned how to rip and burn a CD. They usually just did it for me.

I am fascinated with stop motion and would like to work with that more in the future. I did a short piece with my daughter floating down the steps and the couch one that I posted. How about a tutorial on stop motion?
momoffduty

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:10 pm

Stop Motion would be a good tutorial, thanks for the idea.

You will love the next tutorial, working with 10 tracks, should help your understanding of Layers in Premiere Elements. The next tutorial will be completed soon and is the 2nd of 3 parts in the Brady Bunch Intro tutorials.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Introductions