They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Hello All

A place to introduce and tell a little about yourself.

Hello All

Postby Doty » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:01 pm

Thanks for having me here; I hope that I can ask questions that contribute to the site.

I've noticed some posting questions here, it this correct or should I pick a specific topic for that?

Thanks again, this is such a resourceful site. Thanks to all who contribute.

Doty
Dell XPS 410 running Vista; Intel Dual Core 1.86GHz, 2mb RAM, Radeon X1550 256mb, X-Fi Fatal1ty Sound Card, 250gb SATA
Doty
New User
New User

Re: Hello All

Postby momoffduty » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:27 pm

Welcome Doty to Muvipix! Ask away on the questions, lots of experienced people here. Usually the question is best under a category...like PE 3, tools, PSE, music, etc.

Which editing program do you use?
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:45 pm

Welcome to Muvipix Doty, glad to have you onboard :)

Go ahead and ask away, we will let you know if something would be best posted to another forum.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Doty » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:00 pm

Well that's just it. I have wanted a camcorder for short trips, family events and just plain fun things that happen around home and work. NLE sounds fun and putting together a short clip to tell a story as Steve Grisetti mentions is exactly what I'd like to do a few times a year. NLE is interesting and the process would be a great learning environment, but sometimes I might just want to send a short few minuet clip (email, upload to a website, etc.) for my dad to view of the new baby (5 weeks) not wanting to do any NLE.

As of now I do not have a editing program I use. This will sound pretty lame, but, I have been looking into editing programs and a camcorder for a while now (two years or so) and I really like PE. Adobe PE mainly because of places like this, the huge support the Adobe committee offers, and the interface the program has (I have tried it at work). So, great PE4 it is!

Now a camcorder. I am interested in a small compact camcorder that uses flash memory, works well with PE and has great quality. Well, I am sure you would agree allot has happened in two years in terms of video quality and format for the consumer market. These two topics concern me the most. Quality is pretty much a big deal to me. HD sounds great, but how will the end user view the file? This is huge.

Converting the AVCHD when I want to edit is not a huge issue for me considering there are lots of great recommendations from experienced videographers on this site.

I'd like feedback on:
1- Would I benefit from an HD camcorder if I was to upload clips to the internet (youtube, or something similar) or sending individual files over email?
2- How do I send HD over the internet or email? NERO 7 or alike? I understand that the file (more specifically AVCHD) would have to be converted in some way before its sent.
3- Are there other issues that I am not considering?

I am looking for help and feedback.

Should I restart this topic in the Camcorder section? I have been using the search tool to help with some of my questions but I never really searched in the introduction section before.

Doty
Dell XPS 410 running Vista; Intel Dual Core 1.86GHz, 2mb RAM, Radeon X1550 256mb, X-Fi Fatal1ty Sound Card, 250gb SATA
Doty
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:17 pm

It wouldn't hurt to copy your post and put it into a new post in the Camcorder forum or the Premiere Elements 4 forum, either one is fine. But you are correct, some people don't check this forum at all.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:57 pm

And welcome, Doty! (Is that "socal" Southern California, by the way?)

I'm flattered that you've found some guidance in some of my tips. We're glad to have you as part of our friendly community!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Doty » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:00 pm

Done! I will repost in the camcorder section.

Ya! I am in Orange County...near Disneyland.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Doty
Doty
New User
New User

Postby ridon127 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:10 am

Welcome to our community.. I think you will find some really friendly and extremely knowledgeable folks here.. So ask away.. Someone is usually on top of every question with in a short amount of time.
Donna
Go out and make it a great day. The choice is yours!
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby JohnnyO » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:48 am

Welcome to the Forum!
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Introductions