They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Rusty Sterling

A place to introduce and tell a little about yourself.

Rusty Sterling

Postby rustysterling » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:26 pm

I'm a former newspaper reporter/photographer who has also done some ENG work (mostly radio but some video). I did some graduate work in broadcast journalism at American University in Washington, D.C. I turned into the guy most of my fellow students turned to for camera and editing work. I also did a lot of work with the public access cable channel in Fairfax, VA., and in Pacifica, CA. I got most of my camera, editing, sound, directing experience at the public access stations. I'm also a musician and play bass and sing in my own band, Rusty Sterling & Friends, in the San Francisco Bay area. I also do computer tech work for my day job.

I've just recently rediscovered video and shot a concert of my step daughter during her recent CD release party. I'm still editing that but will post some clips here in the future. I'm looking at mostly music video because of my music and band experience. But the wheels are always turning and I'm writing down ideas for shorts all the time.

Glad to have found this forum. I also bought the "In A Snap" book and it's extremely helpful.
Abit IP35 Pro MoBo|Q6600 CPU GO 2.4Ghz|4x1G Corsair XMS2 PC2 6400 RAM|WD Raptor 150GB HDD|(2) Seagate 320GB RAID 0|LG Blu-Ray/DVD R/RW|Pioneer DVD/CD R/RW|Vision Tek HD2600 Pro 512Mb|Windows XP Pro SP2|PC P&C PSU 610 Silencer|Cooler Master 690 case
rustysterling
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:11 pm

Hi Rusty, We are so glad you have chosen to hang out here :)

I would love to see the music video you are working on. As you can probably tell there are more than a few music lovers here. If you ever need a Uke player Ed is your guy!

I am sure we would all love to see some stuff from your band too!

Thanks for buying the book, glad you like it. And thanks for the great input here in the forum too :!:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ed » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:51 am

Mandolin to Chuck! Ha Ha

What Genre does your step daughter play Rusty? Is there a place we can see some of the concert footage you shot?
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby rustysterling » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:32 pm

I'm just finishing up the DVD of the concert. It's just less than an hour-and-a-half so I'm burning to double-layer DVD. I found some flicker in some images I captured from the video for the end of the film with a song from my daughter's CD. I applied "Flicker Removal" and I'm just waiting to see the results. I hope to post some clips soon. Her music style is contemporary R&B/Hip Hop. But she also does an old school R&B tune and an accapella version of "I Left My Heart In San Francisco." Unfortunitely she didn't do that tune in the show. But she did do a great Donny Hathaway tune that I got some very nice footage of. I plan on writing a post-mortum on my entire process. I ran into some issues and some challenges but overcame all of them. I think the best thing I did was breaking up the project into two parts, exporting the second part as an AVI file and bringing it into the first part. I also exported the entire project as an AVI and created a new project for the final film and then added DVD markers and menus.
Abit IP35 Pro MoBo|Q6600 CPU GO 2.4Ghz|4x1G Corsair XMS2 PC2 6400 RAM|WD Raptor 150GB HDD|(2) Seagate 320GB RAID 0|LG Blu-Ray/DVD R/RW|Pioneer DVD/CD R/RW|Vision Tek HD2600 Pro 512Mb|Windows XP Pro SP2|PC P&C PSU 610 Silencer|Cooler Master 690 case
rustysterling
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to Introductions