They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Video Girl

A place to introduce and tell a little about yourself.

Video Girl

Postby Video Girl » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:47 pm

Hello everyone! I'm from Columbus, Oh and live with my husband and two beagles. I've always been interested in video and knew that it would always be a hobby at the very least. Then we were married last April and I discovered the world of Wedding Videography. So I started up my own company and one of these days I hope to be doing it full-time. So far I've done 6 weddings and I have another 7 booked for this summer, so I've already gotten quite busy. Once I get a good highlight clip, I'll post it. Here is my website... http://www.ElegantExpressionsVideo.com

During the day, I work for a large company that does contracted research and development work. Half of my time is spent in the lab doing experiments and what not in the molecular biology field. It's interesting stuff but I like video so much better!
Video Girl
New User
New User

Postby Wheat King » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:01 pm

Welcome aboard video Girl. :wave: Your website has a wonderful design.
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:13 pm

Welcome to the group :)

Doing video even part time and getting paid for it, what a great idea !

I hope you don't mind questions from some of the folks here that are dying to break into the business :cool:
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Video Girl » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:23 pm

I hope you don't mind questions from some of the folks here that are dying to break into the business

Of course not! I've learned ALOT in the past 6 months and I don't mind sharing my experiences. Ask away!
Video Girl
New User
New User

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:45 pm

Nice website! Did you do it yourself? I notice that your clients can choose the music they want for the final edit. I'm sure you've done your homework regarding copyright issues. Can you share with us what the pitfalls are regarding the use of copyrighted music?
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Video Girl » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:27 pm

Thanks for the compliments on my website! Although, I didn't design it. A friend of mine who does that for a living did. I love how it turned out.

Dave McElderry wrote:I notice that your clients can choose the music they want for the final edit. I'm sure you've done your homework regarding copyright issues. Can you share with us what the pitfalls are regarding the use of copyrighted music?

The music issue is definitely a major pitfall. Luckily, so far my clients haven't been too picky and I've been able to choose for them from my limited selection of royalty-free music. I'm really looking forward to ZOOM getting a larger library to choose from. That will help us all out and give us better music to choose from for our projects.
SPECS: 3.2 GHz Pentium dual core, 2 GB RAM, 256 MB nVidia GeForce 7800 Video Card, 250 GB internal hard drive, 500 GB external HD,
Windows XP Media Center running Premiere Elements 2.0
Video Girl
New User
New User

Postby Ron » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:41 am

Video Girl wrote:TI'm really looking forward to ZOOM getting a larger library to choose from. That will help us all out and give us better music to choose from for our projects.

Not to mention muvipix.com members ! More music coming soon. You download all you want and use them however you want - personal / commercial.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Introductions