They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Hi from Minnesota

A place to introduce and tell a little about yourself.

Hi from Minnesota

Postby SWard » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:30 pm

Hi. My name's Sue, I'm a computer programmer at the University of Minnesota and I love photography (stills and video) and sports. Go Wild!

I bought my first miniDV video camera back in 1999 only to find out my computer really couldn't handle editing video and the programs I bought weren't very user friendly for newbies. I finally got a new pc and found Video Explosion (about $30) and finally started producing movies - just the basic, full screen VCDs, but at least I was able to produce some things for coworkers' retirements and my nephew's graduation (8 years of basketball games on tapes - boy did that take awhile to get thru!). Last fall I bought the Photoshop 5/Premier 3 combo, but didn't have time to really look at it until recently. I came across this website and saw some examples of what can be done and got really excited! I can't wait to start playing with some of my old footage. I've got so many ideas, but there's just not enough hours in the day.

I just wanted to say that this has got to be the friendliest, most helpful website & forum that I've ever come across. I finally found other people that want to make the same kind of movies that I do!!!

Sue
Dell XPS 600; PentiumD Processor 930 w/ Dual Core (3.0 GHz,800 FSB); 2Gb RAM; 256Mb Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX Video; 500Gb Performance RAID 0; 250Gb Serial ATA HD (Internal); 500Gb WD External; 1TB WD External; XP Media Center 2005 Ed SP2
SWard
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Hi from Minnesota

Postby momoffduty » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:40 pm

Welcome Sue! There are very helpful people here!
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:46 pm

Wow, Welcome Sue, thanks for the great comments about the forum :)

I lived in Minnesota for almost 30 years before moving to Georgia in 2000.
Western Minnesota (Morris, where I went to college at the University of Minnesota-Morris)
for about 5 years and the rest in the Eagan/Apple Valley area.

How long have you lived there?

Can't say I miss the cold or snow, we love it in Georgia.

Glad you found us and I am sure you will be happy with what you will learn here :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:58 pm

Hi, Sue!

Wow! Video Explosion, eh? Actually, that was part of the Sonic Foundry editing pack that eventually became Sony Vegas. Pretty sound software really.

Welcome to our little community!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:04 pm

Video Explosion was my first piece of editing software. If I had not found Premiere Elements I might still be using it :)

Sue, if you don't mind answering, how did you find muvipix to begin with?
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Gerry » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:29 pm

Greetings from another Minnesotan, Sue!
Dell XPS 8500 desktop w/ Intel i7-3770 CPU @ 3.4ghz / 22 gigs RAM / Radeon HD7570 1g dedicated video memory/ PrEl 11 & 9 / Photoshop and Illustrator CS5 / After Effects CS4 / Olympus OM-D E-M5 DSLR (1080i HD video)

Time is money, life is change.
Gerry
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Wheat King » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:53 pm

SWard wrote:Go Wild!

Go Sens!!!! :-D There'sa few hockey fans on here that you'll relate to. Do you get to many games?

Welcome Sue!
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Doreen L. » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:49 am

Welcome aboard Sue!
Dell XPS410 Duo Core, 4GB RAM, 2 360 gig hard drives, 1 500 gig external hard drive
http://tworiversailing.com/
Doreen L.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby SWard » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:32 am

Thanks for the great welcome everyone!

Chuck: I've lived in Minnesota my entire life - almost 40 years now. I see you lived in the southern suburbs in the Twin Cities. I've always lived in the northern suburbs - grew up in Mounds View and now live in Andover (near Anoka & Blaine if you've heard of those). To answer your question from your 2nd post - I found Muvipix from you replying on the Elements Village forum.

Wheat King: I have seen a few comments about hockey while viewing the forum. I actually love most of the major sports, but the last few years have gotten more into hockey than any others. That could be because the Wild have done much better than the Twins (at least they've been competitive), the Vikings (the whole Love Boat episode just disgusted me, although the new coach seems to be getting better "quality" characters on the team lately) and the Timberwolves (I'm still trying to learn all the new guys for this year after the Kevin Garnett trade). I stayed up way too late last night watching the Wild beat the Canucks in a shoot out - Woohooo!!! I only get to 1 or 2 games a season, but I watch most on TV.

Gerry: I remember seeing your name in the forum, but I missed the fact that you're from Minnesota. Yeah!

Steve: I didn't realize Video Explosion was part of the pack that became Sony Vegas. I've seen Vegas mentioned on other forums before and had never seen it or tied the 2 together. I just thought they stopped making it and was bummed. It helped me learn the basics of video editing and I'm sure I could have done more in it than I did because I always found something new every time I used it. I'm excited to learn more about keyframing in Premiere though - I really like what you can do with that! Not to mention all the other stuff Premiere has.

Thanks,
Sue
Dell XPS 600; PentiumD Processor 930 w/ Dual Core (3.0 GHz,800 FSB); 2Gb RAM; 256Mb Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX Video; 500Gb Performance RAID 0; 250Gb Serial ATA HD (Internal); 500Gb WD External; 1TB WD External; XP Media Center 2005 Ed SP2
SWard
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:10 am

Sue,
Welcome on board. If you need PrEl help, this is the best place on the web.

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Introductions