They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Ron here.

A place to introduce and tell a little about yourself.

Ron here.

Postby roadsideron » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:20 am

Ron Cox, San Diego, Ca.

I originally purchased my first Sony digital 8 camcorder to film people illegally walking their dogs on Mission Bay in San Diego. I never got round to that, though. I teach GED prep and high school math in my commuity college adult ed center and I decided instead to create a video on how to write a simple four paragraph essay. That took over a year and several upgrade version of Pinnacle Studio. I have since made three more basic math videos that include thousands of graphics which I created for the videos. That took another 3 years to do. I'm now gearing up to try and create a math video to help high school students pass the exit exam test. This one should take at least a year to do, that is if I ever get off my butt and get started on it. I usually write a script first, then start creating the graphics to match the script, then shoot the footage, then edit and line everything up in the video. My first Adobe NLE was PE 2.0. I liked the keyframing in that program but I stuck with Studio and I just bought PE 4.0 which I think I can work with. I'm glad that when I first started all of this that I didn't know how much time and energy was involved in creating videos, otherwise I might never have started. I'd have volumes of dog walkers instead.
roadsideron
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Ron here.

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:35 am

Welcome aboard, Ron!

What a great story! I was drawn to video when my daughter was born, in 1989. You were drawn to it because you wanted to bust lawbreakers!

Many paths to the same destination, I guess! :-D
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:43 am

Welcome Ron, so happy you could join us. I think you may be able to provide us all with some great advice and I'm sure some of us will be buying your products too :)
viewtopic.php?p=9390#p9390
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Rockdoc » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:33 am

I would love to see some of your math videos, if you'd care to share them (or parts of them) in the Gallery... I am really interested in science and math visualization and teaching with technology. :-D
Jennifer
Currently the owner of an embarrassingly slow system, hoping that will change!
Rockdoc
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Cinde » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:47 pm

Ron, as I'm reading your introduction I'm also listening to CNN news and hearing about all the fires and evacuations in your area. My friend called from San Marcos and was ready to evacuate also.

I hope everything is okay with you and that your home and health are safe.
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby roadsideron » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:05 pm

The fires are all north and east of me, so I shouldn't be affected. One of our colleges had to shut down so far today, though.
roadsideron
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Introductions