They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

The Muvipix.com Guide to Vegas Movie Studio HD 11

Any updates to our site, contest information or noteworthy announcements will be posted here.

The Muvipix.com Guide to Vegas Movie Studio HD 11

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:22 pm

The new "Muvipix.com Guide to Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11" is now available in our bookstore.

The book covers all of the program's new features -- including its ability to edit 3D!

For more information about the book and for a link to our bookstore, check out our product page:
http://Muvipix.com/vms11.php
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: The Muvipix.com Guide to Vegas Movie Studio HD 11

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:32 pm

Congrtulations Steve,
I know the Vegas users will be pleased with your latest effort. When do you find the time.

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:18 pm

Thanks, Vernon!

I'm not sure where I find the time either sometimes...
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Jayell » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:34 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:I'm not sure where I find the time either sometimes...

I want to know where you find the space to keep all these programs straight in your brain. I keep trying to stuff more information in my little head, but when I need to recall it, I can't seem to find where I put it. :lol:
HP Envy Desktop 795-0040xt / Win 10 Home/ Intel Core i7-8700 / 32GB memory / NVidia GeForce GTS 1060 3G
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby jazzdog » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:04 am

I got Vegas HD 10 awhile ago and just got Steve's book covering HD 10 - and then Sony came out with HD 11. I figure I'll go through Steve's HD 10 book and "master" this version before upgrading.

Little disappointed with the upgrade price from Sony which I thought was high given original price I paid so I must assume there are some awesome additions to HD 11 to justify the upgrade price.

Cliff
jazzdog
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:39 pm

On page 22 of the sample chapter that you'll find on this web page, I list the new features added in version 11.
http://muvipix.com/vms11.php
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby steveeyes » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:59 pm

I'm pretty new to just about anything related to video.

I got the vegas movie studio hd plat 11 -- I got steve's new book: "The muvipix.xxx guide to vegas movie studio hd plat 11" (got it today so only on page 30 -- so far easy read and very informative) -- lastly I got a Panasonic HDC-TM90 camcorder.

Saw this site in Steve's book so here I am. Looks like a good place.

NOTE: in the above title I had to replace "com" with "xxx" or I got an error about posting links.
steveeyes
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:55 pm

Hi Steveeyes, Welcome to Muvipix :wcm:
We don't allow new users to post links, cuts down on the spam ;)

Glad you found us and happy to have you on board.
This is a very friendly group and we have all been beginners and remember what that is like.
If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:45 pm

Welcome aboard, Steve! Glad you're finding the book helpful!!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby maplewoods » Fri May 11, 2012 2:52 pm

Hi Steve,

Just yesterday, I received your book on Vegas Platinum 11 via overnight shipping and I would like to congratulate and thank you for a super outstanding job you did. There are many people who know the subject but few know how to communicate and teach it effectively and clearly like you.

I'm new to Vegas and haven't had a chance except to brows quickly through the book. The first thing I did was to search the index in back of the book to learn how to superimpose a logo on the entire length of the videos I will be producing. I searched "Logo" (and I searched the index for "watermark") and could not find any entry in the index.

My application is very simple. I'm not looking for anything fancy and I'm willing to do it either inside of Vegas or via any other 3d party program (whichever is easier and quicker) to simply superimpose the name of my website, at the bottom of the entire length of the entire video as a logo.

For example if the name of the website were muvipix . com, I would like this text to have a transparent background, so that the video shows behind it and this line of text should be seen at the bottom of the video frame, throughout the entire duration of a 10 minute video, for example.

Thank you very much
maplewoods
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri May 11, 2012 3:22 pm

Thanks for the kind words about the book, maplewoods! And welcome to Muvipix!

Adding a watermark is as simple as creating a transparent graphic (PNGs work great) and just placing it on an upper video track, stretched the entire length of your movie.

If you've got other questions about Vegas, I invite you to post them in our Vegas sub-forum, below. That way we can be sure they'll get the attention of our experienced and helpful Vegas community.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Uncle Ben » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:42 pm

I'm just as impressed with this book as I was with DVD Architect.

Steve - you have a knack for putting things down on paper in layman's terms, such that I didn't need to refer to WIKI or a specialized lexicon to understand the concepts.

Good job Steve, really, nicely done!

I realize that it's kind of early, but would you happen to have a list of new features that will covered in your upcoming new edition for Version 12? I've read it cover to cover and frankly, everything so far seems to jive; and I have not been able to detect anything in the book that doesn't apply.
Uncle Ben

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:29 pm

I will be listing the new features in version 12 when we release our new book in a few weeks, Ben. But, meantime, here are the broadstrokes:

• Improved performance - The program now runs natively at 64-bit.
• New effects and transitions - You’ll find over a dozen new transition presets, as well as a brand new Star Wipe that transitions your video through any of 19 shapes as well as a handful of new effects and transitions from NewBlue.
• The program now supports the OFX standard – which means that plug-in effects, transitions and media generators that comply with the OFX standard (including software created by BorisFX, NewBlue, GenArts, ProDAD, Red Giant and Re:Vision) will load right into the program.
• The program also interfaces directly with Pixelcast.com, Sony’s amazing site for storing, managing and sharing your photo and video projects. (The site also offers a number of freebies, including royalty-free music clips that you can download and use without restrictions in your videos.)

Additionally, there are a couple of great bonus tools if you buy the Platinum Suite:
• The Platinum version increases the number of available video and audio tracks from 10 to 20 of each.
• Bundled with the program is Red Giant’s Magic Bullet QuickLooks, a cool tool that allows you to change the whole tone of your movie to any of 100 visual styles with a single click of the mouse.
• The amazing NewBlue 3D Titler tool that give you the ability to produce titles that include depth as well as height and width and, even cooler, which you can rotate and even animate in three-dimensional space! (I'll be demonstrating this great tool when we release our next batch of Muvipix products, by the way.)
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Uncle Ben » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:33 pm

Thanks Steve, that's very helpful.
Uncle Ben

Return to Announcements