They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

The Muvipix.com Guide to PSE & PE-7!

Any updates to our site, contest information or noteworthy announcements will be posted here.

Re: The Muvipix.com Guide to PSE & PE-7!

Postby Briantho » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:07 am

Mmm.. I thought I'd be able to delete my posts in this thread but I can't find a suitable button - was I dreaming there was one?
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Ron » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:27 am

Nah, you weren't dreaming. Everyone can edit, just not delete.

No need to delete those posts... just shows that I make mistakes every once in a while - no biggie ;>)
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ron » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:15 am

Regards,
-Ron

Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:21 am

How exciting! Thanks, Ron!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Briantho » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:47 am

Is it just me? When I clicked on the "Table of Contents" link on http://muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=49 I got the table of contents for Steve's previous book - which I already have :-)
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Ron » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:58 am

Briantho wrote:Is it just me? When I clicked on the "Table of Contents" link on http://muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=49 I got the table of contents for Steve's previous book - which I already have :-)

Wow, you should become our quality control inspector, Brian.

Thanks again - fixed (Guess I'm juggling too many balls at one time)
Regards,
-Ron

Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Briantho » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:02 am

It's the least I can do Ron.
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Clayton » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:20 pm

Steve, do you think any of the books will be available for the Kindle or do you have control of that? Just curious, because I am seriously considering purchasing the large one in the future.
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:16 pm

That would be cool, Clayton!

Unfortunately, right now Kindle content uses a proprietary format that we can't produce -- or we'd offer it here on Muvipix! Until then, I guess we'll have to wait behind all those other best-sellers...
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Clayton » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:28 pm

I was just wondering because as I was looking at your book and reading the editorial review, (prior to putting it in my cart) :yh: I noticed when I scrolled down there was a blurb saying "sell a digital version of this book ain the Kindle store." I buy a lot of books and am looking for a way to save space. I hate to ever get rid of a book, so the kindle looks like an alternative.
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby desmo11225 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:09 am

Hello Steve
I bought your book from Amazon, no problem, I live in Luton, Beds U.K. near London, I've read quite a bit so far and it looks good, a couple of questions though.
I have only used successfully P.S.E. 4 , I did have P.S.E. 6 which was NOT successful, I reverted back to P.S.E .4
1: Is it worth buying P.S.E 7 only, its £50 on Amazon, as I have'nt got a Cam Corder or movie photographs and not likely to have any now.
2: Showing my Slide Shows on T.V the poorest shots are when the camera is held at 45 degrees [i.e shots of the Waldorf Astoria and The Empire State Building to get the hieght] I thought I'd say that to tell you I have been to America many times, loved it. the TV screen is devided into 3 sections with blank spaces each side of the photo, can I make this look smarter.
3: Also when installing P.S.E. 7 does it automatically take over from P.S E 4 or do you keep them as seperate prorammes.
P.S.E 4 had a User Guide Book, P.S.E 6 had an Online Guide, so your Book for P.S.E &P.E 7 is first class, I'm sure it will be VERY popular.
Good Luck With Your Book Steve
desmo 11225
desmo11225

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:54 am

Hi, Desmo. Thanks for buying the book! Let's see if I can make quick work of your questions.

1. I know of no real reason to "upgrade" to version 7 of Photoshop Elements if you're happy with version 4. As we always say, if you don't see any compelling features in the new version, there's no reason not to hang onto the one you've got! The two programs perform almost identically.

2. Do you really shoot tall buildings at a 45 degree angle. ;) 45 degrees is just a half-tilt. Did you mean 90 degrees (so you're shooting taller than wide rather than wider than tall). If so, I wouldn't worry too much about the black on either side of the photo in your video. In fact, probably the worst solution would be to add a background or something to fill the space. Leave it black and your audience will be drawn to the image in the photo and won't even notice that it doesn't fill the screen.

3. No, adding the newer versions of these programs doesn't remove the old. In fact, for a number of reasons, some people (Chuck and me, for instance) have a couple of versions on their computer at the same time. (We use the old versions for reference when we answers questions on this forum.)

Anyway and regardless, thank you so much for your kind words about the book! I hope it shows that these books (like this site) are a labor or love -- and nothing makes us happier than knowing that we've made a difference in someone's video editing experience. Thank you!

If you've got any more questions about the programs, I'd recommend you post them to the various forum categories so that our wonderful community of experts can take a pass at them too.

Meantime, we're looking forward to seeing some samples of your work!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby George Tyndall » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:51 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:In fact, for a number of reasons, some people (Chuck and me, for instance) have a couple of versions on their computer at the same time.

Me, too, Steve.

In addition to PSE7, I have PSE4. The reason is that PSE4 has a feature (Calendar Pages) that PSE7 does not.

The other reason I keep PSE4 is that I use its Organizer to catalog ALL my digital stills (18,000). I use the PSE7 Organizer only for my more recent work.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bob » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:59 pm

Umm, Steve. Desmo is talking about pitch, while you appear to be talking about roll. 8-[

What was the problem with PSE 6, Desmo? Why was that a failure? PSE 7 does have some nice additional tools. If they are something that would be of use to you then it may be worth the upgrade. That has to be your call.
Bob

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:19 pm

Pitch vs. roll. Very good, Bob. That definitely make sense!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements