They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Important: muvipix Subscriptions

Any updates to our site, contest information or noteworthy announcements will be posted here.

Re: Important: muvipix Subscriptions

Postby Bill Hunt » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:10 pm

Ron,

Thank you for the link and the details. I've had to use PayPal once in the last few years, and all worked, as it was supposed to.

My aversion to the service stems from an event, about 12 years ago. I had to get an account for an eBay purchase. Within an hour, I was contacted by three parties, and all had the complete details of my PayPal account - everything! I then had to jump through hoops and retain an attorney to cancel that PayPal account, vowing to never do it again. As I stated, a purchase over a year ago, with a new account went very well, so maybe they DID learn their lesson.

I'll head to the PayPal icon and get my subscription started.

Appreciated,

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby cfernan » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:22 pm

Help Ron!
My subscription is due to renew this month. I went to paypal to update the payment acct to use and somehow I think I deleted it!
And I think somehow I deleted my subscription but am not sure.
Is there a way you can check and let me know? I think I added the right acct to debit but have no idea how I messed up.

Thanks,
Cary
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Dell XPS630 • Intel E8200 Dual Core 2.66Ghz • 4GB @ 800Mhz • Radeon 256MB HD2600XT • Dual 250GB SATA RAID
cfernan
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Ron » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:27 am

Yes, you did cancel your subscription.

I'm sending you a Private Message with a special form to re-subscribe at your current rate ($39.95).
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby cfernan » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:43 am

Thanks Ron! :-D
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Dell XPS630 • Intel E8200 Dual Core 2.66Ghz • 4GB @ 800Mhz • Radeon 256MB HD2600XT • Dual 250GB SATA RAID
cfernan
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Ted » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:23 am

Hello all,

First off, I want to thank each person who works behind the scenes in creating this awesome site... while I'm SO VERY NEW to all this video stuff, I know this will be quite an investment (my $50) in the future! I know I'll be happy just by the fact that all of you "pros" are super friendly and respectful. :)

I hope to ask a couple of questions here, and, as I didn't see a "Members Discussion" forum, I really hope I'm not out of line asking them here. Please feel free to move this to whichever forum you see fit! :)

1. I paid for my subscription and got a receipt and can access the Members area. I am concerned in that I don't see "Subscriber" under my name in the forums. Honestly, it's not due to an inflated ego... because I don't care if it's there or not... I just wanted to make sure that my membership did, indeed go through and that tomorrow, or the near future, I won't have membership status. :) And if I'm supposed to do something on my end to place the "Subscriber" logo under my name, please offer the directions and I'll follow them! :)

2. Is there a way to change the password generated by the system? I couldn't find a profiles section but that's perhaps because I didn't look hard enough? I'd like to change my password to a more memorable password. :)

Thanks so much for all you do!
Ted
"Satan trembles when he sees
the weakest saint on his knees."
Ted
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Ron » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:43 am

Welcome Ted,

The subscriber status under a few usernames are only in testing mode right now. Soon I will detail what's going on with that and will be providing instructions on how to get promoted to the appropriate status. It's basically going to be a new (seamless) login system for muvipix Subscribers. More to come soon.

You can easily change your password in the Members Area. As soon as you login (and before moving on to clicking "Members"), there's a link on the far right to change your password.

Thanks again for your subscription. It helps support the site!!
Regards,
-Ron

Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ted » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:20 pm

Thanks, Ron.

I can't seem to find where I can log off from the site. Even after I click the "Members" button.

I do see a floating set of tabs on the right: "Home", "Products", "@" and "Top"...but nowhere can I see where to log off.

Perhaps it's just me... and I'm not looking in the right places.

Thanks much for any help,
Ted
"Satan trembles when he sees
the weakest saint on his knees."
Ted
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Ron » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:03 pm

The way to (currently) log out of the Members Area is to close your browser. This will end the current session.
Regards,
-Ron

Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:23 pm

Considering the site (Muvipix) holds no financial, credit card, or other private information there is no need to create a bunch of security and usless functions. This makes the experience here a bit more enjoyable and you have no worries about anyone getting your information. We are much more about having fun than making this site hard to get into and out of :)
As long as we continue to use PayPal to keep track of all of the financial stuff it will stay that way.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous

Return to Announcements