They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

PayPal for Memberships

Any updates to our site, contest information or noteworthy announcements will be posted here.

PayPal for Memberships

Postby Ron » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:48 am

We know that there have been a few that would like to become members and have refused to use PayPal as their subscription manager. And though we can understand the concerns, we have discussed this at length and decided that it would be too laborious to manage the memberships different ways. It's not fair to our members as a whole (more room for error) whereas using PayPal as the subscription manager is essentially "hands-off" for us and if there are any problems (we don't foresee any), then we can go to PayPal for resolution.

PayPal is one of the most secure entities on the Internet today and yes, they've had their problems in the past, but I'm fairly certain that they have learned, almost daily, what not to do concerning security breaches of any kind. I've had a PayPal account for more than a decade and have never had a single problem. I once had a dispute with a purchase that they investigated and to make a long story short, refunded my money, no questions asked.

Chuck had a great idea that I never even considered - acquire a credit card with a small credit limit (say $2-$300) and use that to open a PayPal account to perform online transactions. You do not need to give them your "bank account" information at all.

We agree that nothing is totally secure online, even opting to use a credit card in lieu of PayPal has its risks, but (IMHO) I'd rather have a known establishment handle my transactions than occasionally using a credit card and not know where the numbers are flying. At least you have the additional security layers using a credit card while using PayPal as the secure controller - call it a vault, that holds your info. We're quite sure that you've noticed that many of the online merchant giants are opting for this form of payment. I mean, there is a reason that eBay picked up PayPal for 1.5 billion dollars.

Again, we totally understand the concerns and hope that, if you're skeptical, that you reconsider sometime in the future. We'd love to have you join our hundreds of satisfied subscribers :)
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Announcements